Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had the stock chrome 18's? I have the stock ones and would like to get the chorme ones. If anyone has any for sale please let me know...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
saw that previously

I saw that previously but i dont understand what the guy wants. Sounds like he want to take my old rims and dip them and give them back to me for $600 plus s&h both ways from my pocket? Am I understanding this right? Im kinda leary about having someone dipping my rims, dont know who they are, what kinda work they do, etc.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well, they won't be YOUR rims, they'll be the rims of the LAST guy who bought the setup. He'll then plate your rims and sell them to someone else. Looking at his other auctions, looks like a plating shop in SoCal. There should be similar shops where you live, you might be able to get a better price. Not sure about the center cap though, it's plastic and you'd probably have to order the chrome plastic center caps from the dealer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats more cost-effective

good point ill look into someone locally, that way ill save on s&h. Also I would rather i think just find someone on here that has some stock 18 chromes that want to sell them cause the got some new rims, or maybe a junkyard, but i presume to find these wheels at a local junkyard might be a while since it is a new car? But either was I will see which cost the least.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
another idea....

talk to the dealer (gulp, yeah, i said that).... maybe they would give you a deal, or a pro-rated buyback??? I dunno....

i have heard true horror stories about the chrome exchange program..... (getting damaged wheels, or bad chrome, or waitng eight weeks, etc...)

i will have my 5 spokes off next week..........

maybe a rental set??lol

S

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dealers a rip

the dealer wanted $1800 just for the rims alone, that is not mounted, bal, nothing... so i saud screw that avenue, if i was to pay that much id go buy some nice chrome aftermarket 20's.

I think ill just ask some local chrome dipping shops and see.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Re: dealers a rip

floaty98 said:
the dealer wanted $1800 just for the rims alone, that is not mounted, bal, nothing... so i saud screw that avenue, if i was to pay that much id go buy some nice chrome aftermarket 20's.

I think ill just ask some local chrome dipping shops and see.

ouch................

well, twas wortha try, no???

stay local........

·
59 Posts
Nissan chrome wheels are now available at the dealers. They list at about $235 ea. I finally got mine installed last month. Or, check out courtesyparts.com, they have them for about $226 ea. and you'll probably have to add for shipping. They weigh 30 lbs. ea. in the box.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just bought chrome wheels at Maryland dealer, got $55 per wheel credit for my 5 day old alloys. Awful deal but I really didn't want to mess around with trying to sell them...total cost w/installation and wheel locks (a must for nice chrome wheels) = $1,075...they DO negotiate in the parts dept. and they did have them in stock!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I checked with www.courtesyparts.com to see if it would be cheaper to buy chrome rims from them.
He said it would cost $1095 with shipping. Not a bad deal for you guys out there looking fro Chrome 18's. A lost better deal than the dipping services on ebay.

Chad

PS Thanks for the idea about wheel locks. I live in N. Dakota, on a military base, and probably won't have a problem, but better to be save than sorry. You would think they would come stock with them when you get Chrome wheels from the dealer though!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok, I last reported that when buying the OE chromes' the parts guy at my local Nissan dealership gave me $ off for the alloys as a trade-in...well, when I picked up the car he said he really couldn't do anything with the alloys so he gave me the discount AND the wheels in their original boxes! Now I need to sell them...anyone care to give me some ideas on what a good price would be?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I sold mine for $450 and the buyer paid for shipping.

I sold mine to one of the plating services.
I don't know if the situation is still the same, but the plating guys were having a hard time getting "core" wheels.

Homer

·
Registered
22 Posts
Homer, can you give me more info on "the plating guys"? An e-mail address or phone #...what's your thoughts on trying e-bay? $450 seems like a good deal to me. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Yeah, sure dk,
the particular plater I sold to was

Greens OK Tire Inc
11634 Vanowen Sreet
North Hollywood CA 91605
81-765-6803

Ask for Ron.
Nice guys.

But you can google "chrome wheel plating" etc and find a bunch of em.

What they do is send you a set of Chrome wheels for say $1800.
You have them mounted and send in your old wheels. They send you a check for $800. (These are made up numbers)
So you can see that they need a set of alloys so they can plate them to get into the biz and then they need several more sets if they are going to do any volume.

I did Ebay and got a couple of guys who are vultures. Lot of them on Ebay. They fly in on your Email and offer you a low ball CASH NOW price but won't bid on your stuff. Probably pure scam artists.
I got no legitimate bids.

I even put them up here for $360 to a forum member and no dice.

Be careful if you sell them when it comes to shipping. It will cost you at least $100 and really more like $125.

Hope this helps

Homer

·
Registered
139 Posts
They are posted all over ebay if you want to take a look.

Chez

1 - 17 of 17 Posts