Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Today i randomly saw my antenna is missing ( mast rubber part), Some mfer stole it.
I had a look online to see how much is the price, there were different prices. From $20 to $60
But i couldnt find a video or tut on how to install it if i buy one.
Could someone please guild me?
Thx

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano AWD
756 Posts
Hi.
Today i randomly saw my antenna is missing ( mast rubber part), Some mfer stole it.
I had a look online to see how much is the price, there were different prices. From $20 to $60
But i couldnt find a video or tut on how to install it if i buy one.
Could someone please guild me?
Thx
The antenna rod should just screw on and it looks like it was broken off. Sadly, it looks like you'll have to extract the remains of the bolt out of the assembly.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The antenna rod should just screw on and it looks like it was broken off. Sadly, it looks like you'll have to extract the remains of the bolt out of the assembly.
Thx. do you mean part of the antenna is still attached? i mean the part they stole cant be used?

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano AWD
756 Posts
Thx. do you mean part of the antenna is still attached? i mean the part they stole cant be used?
Yes. See the picture of the part below. You'll see the threaded bolt inside. The picture you posted also shows what is clearly broken metal. It was likely more an act of vandalism than theft.

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano AWD
756 Posts
Thx, so is that why you said "sadly"? orsadly because some else is damaged too? btw if it was vandalism, why did they not do somethign easier? like breaking teh windows, or lights, scratching.. somethign like that
I said "sadly" because extracting broken bolts can end up being a real PITA. Whether it was vandalism or theft, I can't speak to the intent of whoever did that to your car...there are a lot of a-holes out there, unfortunately.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey
Looks like the swivel mount side plastic caps will remove and probably a screw in there to remove the swivel part. Then easier to drill out and remove the broken piece.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey
Looks like the swivel mount side plastic caps will remove and probably a screw in there to remove the swivel part. Then easier to drill out and remove the broken piece.
Thx i will check it out. so far im not gonna buy the antenna as i dont need it. but today again saw a a depressed spot as big as an apple on the roof again. so i guess its vandalism . Does anyone know if theres some kind of dashcam i can install to record these and find oout who does these?
thx

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well Anne
Either that or tie a pit bull to your bumper?. Not nice when people act like that..they need something of there’s broken, I’m thinking fingers. Have you noticed any other damage to property in your neibourhood? Cameras are good and cost little but do not prevent this type of actions. A loud car alarm that will go off with a sensitive touch my work better.
If you ever see someone around your car just push the panic button on your key fob to make them poop and run away.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey
Hi again. Sorry to get back to you..
I got teh Antenna. But could you please show me how to remove that plastic part? The way i understand it?
Thank you very much

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Just try yo pop off that round plastic cap...and remove the screw or bolt
Can u please test it on yours to see if that round plastic will come off? Thx a lot
EDIT: Sorted it out. Couldnt pop that round plastin out. I damaged around it with a knife too. FInally had someone screw out the remaining with some tool/
Thanks anyway

1 - 13 of 13 Posts