Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed that my 2018 Platinum does not have in the front or rear bumpers those small round ultrasonic obstacle sensors for parking. It seems odd.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Wow, it does seem like an oversight for them not to offer them until '19!

My '19 SL has them, I couldn't comfortably get into my crowded garage without them... lol

My biggest gripe regarding the 3rd gens is the horrible outward visibility due to the style and the high belt-line. If it weren't for all the technology like front/rear parking sensors, 360 cameras, moving object detection, rear cross traffic alert, and rear automatic braking I would deem this vehicle unsafe in a busy parking lot...for me at least. I'm totally dependent on the 360 cameras when backing up, but it feels odd to be looking forward at a computer screen when backing up, but I'm getting used to it...

·
Registered
886 Posts
I spent years driving a 12' box van with only back door windows. Talk about blind spots!

Give it time, you'll get used to it.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dependent on cameras, yes. When I am in my other vehicles I keep looking where the screen should be.
Except for : The 48 has a full time rear camera. You just can't see out of this thing otherwise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts