Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Homelink system built into the Murano continues to use the rolling code technology after it is programmed?

I searched on this but only found instructions on how to program Homelink. I found one side comment that said Homelink does not use rolling code, instead uses a fixed code. That doesn't seem to make sense.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Well, let's put it this way, Homelink works with GD units that use rolling code. Or not.

Doesn't matter to Homelink.

Homer

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. But I know Homelink works. I just want to know if it employs the rolling code technology and continues to offer that security feature. ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
From the Homelink.com website:

How does HomeLink work?
Through a simple training process, HomeLink duplicates the codes of the original transmitter. As a result of our relationships within the Access Control Industry, HomeLink is also capable of learning rolling (encrypted) codes.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
PaulQ said:
Thanks. But I know Homelink works. I just want to know if it employs the rolling code technology and continues to offer that security feature. ?
Yes.

I have 2 openers programmed in the MO.

Both utilize "rolling codes".

Both work perfectly. As do the original opener remotes.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
PaulQ said:
A short and perhaps redundant answer:

Homelink uses rolling code technology as well as the older single code systems and adopts to either or both. I have rolling code in my garage and single code on a parking space I rent. It works on both but the method it uses to "learn" is different.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe I am beating a dead horse here...

I understand that Homelink will open doors using rolling code garage door openers and fixed code garage door openers. I know this because it works with my rolling code opener. I have no problem getting it to work.

My question/concern was does the Homelink system compromise the rolling code technology by, for example, creating some sort of fixed code relationship with the opener.

I think what I am reading from zebelkhan's answer is that the Homelink system can reproduce the same rolling code relationship that the original remote transmitter has.

Bottom line, Homelink does not recuce the security level of your garage door opener and still prevents code hacking. (errr, right?)

Ta Da!

:2:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
PaulQ-

Right! :29:

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Email sent to Homelink
(That Homer. Always trying to find a radical way to answer questions!)

COMMENTS:
It is obvious that the Homelink WORKS with rolling code technology.

But the question I have is

Does the Hiomelink USE rolling code technology?
Does the Homelin itself change codes randomly every time it is used?

Thanks

Homer

Does the HomeLink USE rolling code technology? Yes!
Does the HomeLink itself change codes randomly every time it is used?
Yes! The HomeLink system in your vehicle duplicates hand held remote.

Best Regards,
Rick T.
HomeLink Customer Service.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Hmmm... Going right to the source and asking the manufacturer. What a novel concept.

Thanx Homer!

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
ye, Homer

beauty is in simplicity. Why complicate simple things. KISS principle rules!

Well done.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Kris said:
ye, Homer

beauty is in simplicity. Why complicate simple things. KISS principle rules!

Well done.
That's our Homer.

Consistently thinking outside the box!:runaway:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts