Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I like the full searchability that one of them has. Can't be bad to have one. :D

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
No its not legal, but I have a feeling that won't stop people from buying it. I purchased the CD from Nissan's publisher and it was very costly (something like $180). This was before we found out how to download the manual with a 1 day subscription!

·
5,268 Posts
Eric is probably right. It is easy and cheap ($19.95) to download the manual in pdf format from Nissan site.

Don, ind yes, it is searchable! At least with my Adobe Acrobat 6.0..

·
5,100 Posts
Mine too, Just forgot. :(

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMO people are better off buying (downloading) from Nissan as these CDs may not have the last revisions.

·
5,100 Posts
I did not see the 05 for sale. Do you suppose that just download and then print up the disks?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yep. Usually they buy one copy and burn away. Probably don't even bother burning them until you actually order one.

Some of them are pdfs of the scanned Helms which is somewhat hard to use since it isn't searchable (just bitmaps). They have them for virtually any car.

Illegal? No comment. I haven't read the TOS for using Nissan's web based manuals, but I have a feeling you are only supposed to use that info during your subscription. That is, downloading the manual and referring to the info later probably violates their TOS. Oh well.

Wasn't the NISSAN site structured so that you could just bypass the subscription page and go right to the pdfs if you knew the addresses? Did they even fix that?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Halo said:

Wasn't the NISSAN site structured so that you could just bypass the subscription page and go right to the pdfs if you knew the addresses? Did they even fix that?
Anyone have a link to a Helms PDF manual?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I know it's too late for most here who already own their cars and are looking for a FSM but, for future reference, I ALWAYS include this manual in the purchase of every new car I buy.

For example, after I had negotiated the final purchase price of my new Murano 4 years ago, I added - `Oh yeah, one last thing I forgot - I'd like a FSM.' Salemen rarely even know what a FSM is (many think it's the owners manual every car comes with in the glove compartment), and always agree - not wanting to lose the sale they've just completed for something as inocuous sounding as a service manual. But hold to your guns, and make sure they include the Nissan (official) FSM with your purchase and within a few months (they NEVER stock these for new cars) you'll get a call to pick it up.

I was rather surprised after getting the less-than-2"-thick FSM for my 95 Maxima back in 94, however, to see the four volume (7 1/2" thick) Murano manual. I'm actually curious what the dealer would charge for this hard copied manual if one were to order it from them.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Looks like eBay removed those items listed for sale. I'm sure that it was encroaching on copyright infringement.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
zebelkhan said:
Legal??? Murano service manuals for sale on e-bay:

and many more!
Z,

They may not know about illegal Ebay auctions, but if you sign up on THIS SITE , Nissan Help will let you see/DL/Search and Print (just about) any service manual you want.

All legit.

Go figure.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mr3Putt said:

...if you sign up on THIS SITE , Nissan Help will let you see/DL/Search and Print (just about) any service manual you want.

All legit...
Very interesting. Free subscription will get you two files a day, enough for most lookups. Not bad at all...!

·
Registered
978 Posts
BikerJohn said:
Looks like eBay removed those items listed for sale. I'm sure that it was encroaching on copyright infringement.
That, or the ebay listing was posted almost 4 years ago! :5:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts