Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MO has the stock Navigation player that runs off of the DVD player in the passenger side of the MO. I have taken off the plate, it showed the DVD logo, so I put in a movie DVD and it did not play on the screen, i tried it moving, parked, e-brake on all the above and it didnt work.

Does anyone know why it says DVD but will not play video at all. I would assume it the Navi is DVD it could possibly play DVDs. If there was some switch or something prohibiting it and we could fix that , that would be awesome.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The DVD drive supports the DVD format (reason for the emblem) for data, but is not designed to play movies. I think it would need to say DVD Video to support movies. It is more like a PC DVD drive in that it is a data storage method and would need the video display hardware and drivers play video.

If you want to display Video on the Nav display you will need to buy a seperate car DVD Player, something like the product from AV Electronics, and have to cut one wire going to the Nav's LCD display. The AV Electronics box allows you to display AV sources on the Nav screen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts