Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using sites to do some fixes to couple codes related to cvt trans (speed sensor and fluid pressure). My trans dipstick does not have the tab on it to lock in place so it easily comes out - would that affect the pressure? Does it need to have a tight seal? If so then guess next step would be to replace that before going onto next steps.
Any guidance greatly appreciated!

lg

·
Registered
766 Posts
I would think that so long as the dipstick is staying in place and not popping out enough to allow CVT fluid to escape, there shouldn't a problem. The CVT is not a pressurized system as far as I know of...

You can also check used parts/junk yards for a replacement CVT dipstick, they should have plenty of them available...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had read something in another thread where contact told a person I’d dipstick not locking needs to be replaced. If it doesn’t affect the fluid pressure then I won’t bother getting new one.
i have codes p1722 and p0868. Got me fluid between min and max lines following instructs on proper check/ fill.
What would be my next steps? Mind you, underlying electrical issues that started about nine months earlier than my car going from okay to really can’t be driven without dash shaking intermittently once car heats up and over like 30 mph.
all assistance greatly appreciated!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts