Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
God almighty, I thought I was out of the woods...

I had a dirty MO. A rainstorm was nice enough to remove the road salt but actual dirt remained on the vehicle. For some reason, I figured my dealership's "free car wash with service" would clean the car, because all it needed was a STANDARD hand-washing. Nothing fancy. Well... yeah...

I pick up my MO and it is half clean, half dirty, with actual dirt clinging to various places and dried water spots in others. From certain angles, it gleams! As it should. But if you look at it right, they left dirt all over it. Reminds me of the first time I washed the MO and wasn't sure what I was doing... when everything dried, it turned out that all I did was move the dirt around a bit. And here it was again!

Lame. :(

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yep.

My MO's been back to the service dept three times now.
First time the SM said it'd be ready as soon as they wash it. I said "Nah. Don't bother. Please." So they didn't wash it.

Second time was after the ECM fiasco. SM and the GM offered the wash again. Again I refused and said "My baby. I'll bathe 'er." GM sort of shrugged. SM nodded and said "I understand."

Third time (today) the service super wrote up the ticket and added "NO WASH" with no prompting from me. SM came by and said "No wash, right?"
I said "taken care of" and nodded toward the super.
SM sez "Good man."

At least these guys remember things.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would think it has more to do with your own dealer than Nissan in general. Since I am impatiently still awaiting my MO, I cannot comment but my Acura is always washed by the dealer, even when brought in for just an oil change. They do an excellent job right down to shining up the tires, very impressive.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Since when does the dealership free wash with service handwash the car? All the Nissan dealers I've been to share an automated wash bay with the surrounding car dealerships. You get your standard squirt of soap and splash of water from the autowash and thats it. Now I've been offered a "full detailing" from the dealer before and they charge like $200 for it. I said no thanks, but I usually take the free wash since its better than nothing.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Most of the dealerships in my area do a hand wash, hand dry and will go as far as putting armor all (or something like it) on the tires. Maybe the competition for service in different areas will dictate what the dealer will do. I have seen a few posts about loaner cars not being part of the Nissan package. When I purchased mine, the dealership said "Of coarse we have loaners at no charge". Maybe just the difference between USA and Canada, heck, I don't know.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Snowride said:
Most of the dealerships in my area do a hand wash, hand dry and will go as far as putting armor all (or something like it) on the tires. Maybe the competition for service in different areas will dictate what the dealer will do. I have seen a few posts about loaner cars not being part of the Nissan package. When I purchased mine, the dealership said "Of coarse we have loaners at no charge". Maybe just the difference between USA and Canada, heck, I don't know.
It is true about the loaner cars. In the US, some dealers will have it at their own discretion, but they are not obligated to loan you a temporary car unless you have the Nissan extended warranty.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My dealer has loaner cars -- he has 2! So you have to plan ahead big-time which is really not my normal modus operandi. That is one of the big things I will miss about Acura service. The dealer will give you a ride to the Metro station and that was helpful for me.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
half clean half dirty is nothing, my dealer scratched the whole passengers side when they washed it last week. i'd rather get the car back drity and wash myself then having them scratch the car.

·
Registered
545 Posts
You gotta be kidding me. Nobody touches my MO after all of the time I spend detailing and sealing the finish. That's all I need is for those bozos to create more problems for me.

I insisted on the first mileage checkup that my MO not be washed and got the customary arched eyebrow from the service rep, but the car came back the same as I brought it in. I'll be the same way with subsequent visits.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
you guys had nothing. check out my horror story

damn dealer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts