Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to align the chrome trim at the top of the doors?

The top chrome trim is uneven on both the driver and passenger sides at the top. All other points on the doors where the trim meets are aligned. Because of this, I don’t think it’s an issue with the way the doors hang on the hinges. I’m wondering if the chrome trim can be tapped gently on top to bring it back into alignment?

I haven’t brought it to the attention of my dealer yet, I’d like to correct it myself if possible.

Driver’s side:

Passenger side:

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was waiting to see if anyone had any advice or the same issue. Keep forgetting to look at mine but being the stickler I am, I'm sure I would have noticed. Personally, if its under warranty, I'd take it to the dealer and let them work it out.

·
Super Moderator
8,275 Posts
Take it to the dealer. This isn't a DIY project if the car is under warranty.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Mine is similar...Not your typical Japanese fit & finish. Curious to know what the dealer will say to the OP as I didn't see anything in the shop manual.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Mine is similar...Not your typical Japanese fit & finish. Curious to know what the dealer will say to the OP as I didn't see anything in the shop manual.
I found the following in the '15 service manual:
EXT-44 has info on the chrome trim piece (called door sash molding)
DLK-275 has info on the door adjustment

I peeked under the corner of the chrome sash molding, and it appears to be seated against the door frame, so my idea of tapping it down isn't an option...

All other points where the trim meets on the lower areas of the doors appear fine, so I don't think it's a door adjustment, else it would upset their alignment I would think...

It almost appears the door frame is a little too high at the top and would need to be ground down for the chrome trim to align...

Reactions: Freedom55

·
Registered
768 Posts
I know this can be frustrating as I enjoy a well fitted vehicle; on the other hand, it's only cosmetics and it doesn't affect how the vehicle drives. In the old days, this was considered "normal" on a typical American car but today it's not acceptable anymore IMO. I doubt Nissan would replace the doors and who knows perhaps this would not solve the problem. I have more serious issues with mine such a the dreaded CEL that keeps coming back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts