Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon everyone.

I had an on going issue, as some of you have, with noise coming from the door panel area.
Well, My dealer has been great in trying to fix this issue. He ordered new door panels for both sides. He states that these are updated panels. I dont know if thats the case. However, I do know that they took 2 months arrive.
Bottom line, The creak/pop etc is gone. The temps have ranged from -1 to 47 degrees. No sound at all.

Thanks goodness.
Jim
:1:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
GO Jimthor sounds like you and the dealer worked together very well to resolve a pesky problem. Do you have a receipt or something that has the part numbers of the new panels, I'm sure lots of folks would like to know.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grip, I must say other then the long wait. The dealer has been great.
I showed him the pics from this site on a fix and he did that also.
I will find my receipt and advise then.
Jim

·
Registered
52 Posts
Two annoying rattles in our new MO, one of them is the popping coming from the drivers window/door area.

I saw there's a TSB out to fix this issue... 03-109

The other is a metal on metal vibration coming from somewhere under the glove box.

grrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Is that grrrrrrrrrrrr the sound from the glove box? :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are the part numbers.
80901-ca001 finisher assy-f
80900-ca001
These are the door panels.

·
5,268 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Kris said:

Sorry, this TSB does not work........I believe that the only solution for "creaking" door noise is to have them replaced (the door I mean!:D )......with "new improved" version if there is one.......
hmmmm

Mine creak/pop seems to be coming from the molding right near the window... Not the actual door "per se"...

Still won't work?

My wife complains DAILY about this.

·
Registered
52 Posts
jimthor said:
Good Afternoon everyone.

I had an on going issue, as some of you have, with noise coming from the door panel area.
Well, My dealer has been great in trying to fix this issue. He ordered new door panels for both sides. He states that these are updated panels. I dont know if thats the case. However, I do know that they took 2 months arrive.
Bottom line, The creak/pop etc is gone. The temps have ranged from -1 to 47 degrees. No sound at all.

Thanks goodness.
Jim
:1:
Where exactly was this noise coming from?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you are sitting in the drivers seat. It would be near your shoulder. Lower part.
Its the bottom back of the window, top of the door panel.
The culpret part of the door panel is shaped like an "L" as it goes around the door frame.
:)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its actually under the door panel. Where the plastic and metal come together.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Scrib said:
Two annoying rattles in our new MO, one of them is the popping coming from the drivers window/door area.

I saw there's a TSB out to fix this issue... 03-109

The other is a metal on metal vibration coming from somewhere under the glove box.

grrrrrrrrrrrr
I have the same two rattles on my 2004 SL (along with some other ones). I got the window tick TSB done and it actually made it worse. I haven't been able to track down the glove box rattle but the dealer put some padding in the A pillar. Haven't driven enough yet to see if that fixed the problem.

I also had the loose driver seat so they did that TSB which seems to have helped but they scratched up my door and gouged the B pillar. Maybe I can get the new door panels since they will need to replace it from their mess.

My experience with dealers and rattles is terrible. Usually they just tell you they can't hear anything, then if they try to fix something they cause more problems. I love my Murano but the rattles make it seem cheap.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Rattles

JimThor - Thanks for those part numbers. I plan on visiting the Service Dept. with those very soon as the rattles are about to drive me to drink. Did your dealership volunteer to replace them or did you have to push??

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pcs, No prob glad to assist.
No this was his doing/idea. Shock I know.
My service dept has been great. Granted, they have caused a few issues while fixing other ones.
I found that on the passenger side door panel during the install, the tech must have forced it on. Thus discoloring to caffe latte plastic in one of the corners. So now that have to replace the entire door panel once again.
Oo well, but no more creaking.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts