Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to own a 97 Pontiac GP and it had several features standard on it that a Nissan salesman was saying how great they are on their cars, like they were the first to do it!! I had to disappoint her and tell her that my 8 year GP had them standard.

One of these features was programmable locking technology. Once the car was in gear, the doors would lock automatically and not unlock until it was put in park or manually unlocked. It was a pain in the buttocks once in a while, however, it did provide peace of mind. I have looked through the manual and this does not seem to be an option on my 05 SL.

Anyone know if this can be done on a MO? Do I have to go back to my 97 GP??

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
281 Posts
An after market alarm unit will do it. Mine does auto lock and no auto or auto unlock by ignition action. Fob action is one push = drivers door, two push = all doors.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You and your Nissan sales rep misunderstood each other. What she was talking about was the MO's ability to change what doors it unlocks on a single press of the keyflob, or double press.

Correct me if I am wrong (because I have never owned a GM), but you don't get to "unprogram" GM's we are going to lock you in your car feature.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I am glad the MO doesn't automatically lock the doors for me.... I would have had to disable it or I wouldn't buy the MO. I never saw the purpose of it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

Actually, I wasn't talking about the locking features as much as other features with the saleman....4 wheel ABS, traction control, auto on headlights, etc

The GP can be programmed to disable the auto lock feature as well as a bunch of different options, you had to move a fuse or link in the fuse panel in the engine compartment.

This is my first foreign car and so far I am pleased, however, for the money spent I should be!! I have driven mostly GM in the past and I have to say that they have been pretty good value for the money. I had some issues with a recall on the GP and the local dealer but otherwise the car is still going strong. I was so confident in it that I sold it to a coworker....that says something!!

I hope that the MO does as well as my GP did.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts