Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of shopping for a Murano. I am very impressed with the styling of the vehicle, the sleek lines, etc.

The only drawback so far that I can see is a lack of door mouldings for protection against dings and dents, etc. I am a stickler when it comes to things like this and this definitely has me thinking.

What are other people's experiences with dings, etc. while parking? Personally, I always look for an end spot or park a greater distance away to avoid damage to my existing car which does have great body mouldings already.

But due to the volume of ignoramuses(ignoramusi) out there, I can see that it wouldn't be long in sustaining damage to the paint job.

Thanks!

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
There's info in the accessories area about moldings from Grubbs and Dawn. I'm getting a set from Dawn.

There's at least one photo of them installed in that thread.

·
Registered
202 Posts
There's no 100% guarantee against door dings, but I do think the aftermarket side moldings help. Here's a link to some pics of the moldings on my MO.

Body Side Moldings

Jeff

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those mouldings look great.
Thanks for the info.
Where did you get them, and were they installed or did you do the work yourself?

Thanks!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thanks, elliotgb! I purchased the mouldings from Grubbs Infiniti. The folks at Grubbs were the ones who provided us with the means to get SAT radio in the '03 Muranos when Nissan said it couldn't be done. They also paved the way to get the mouldings. You can get the mouldings directly from the manufacturer, but you have to be an auto parts dealer, I believe, to get them. Here's the link to the Grubbs site:

Grubbs Infiniti

I installed them myself. I placed them just a little bit higher than the instructions suggested, primarily because I wanted to cover up a door ding that I had already gotten. The installation was pretty easy. The most difficult part was making sure that they were straight!

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts