Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SHIFT_ passion
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remember reading a thread about the light showing a door open staying on... anyone know where I might find it? Yesterday everything was fine, today, it keeps saying theres a door open. My remote still works but the horn and the lights dont even flash. Anyone else had a problem like this? I tried slamming all the doors, but no help... :confused:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Check which door it is saying is open. There is a little punger on each door jam which activates the door open light. I would try pushing the offending plunger in and out a few times to see if you can "unstick" it.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
wchandler said:
I've found that the rear hatch sometimes needs to be reclosed, even though it appears already closed.
From my experience, the screen shows "rear door open" and beeps if the hatch is not slammed shut. Very handy.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yep, it beeped and caught me by surprise once as well. Took me a second to figure out what was going on and what the heck it was trying to tell me. Very handy indeed. With all the kids stuff in the back at times, you think the door is shut, but it's not because something got caught in it.

·
4,664 Posts
Yup, me too. Thought it was closed. It wasn't. Closed it, and the warning went away.

It's sooo smart... :cool:

·
SHIFT_ passion
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well we got up this early this morning set to go to Nissan. Go down to the garage, start the MO and everythings fine??? Hit the lock button on the fob and the horn chirped and the lights flashed, just like normal. Im not really sure what it was.... Thanks for the replies guys.

Mike

·
4,664 Posts
Hmmm... Intermittant connection, or some physical adjustment, just on the edge. It would be intersting to know if it comes back, as the vehicle warms up and things shift slightly.

Hopefully, you'll never see it again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It was me

I started a thread a month or two ago about he same subject:
http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1313
It appeared that there really wasn't anyone else out there that had the same issue. Most people replied about the hatch etc. but my problem was a completely different animal.
My problem is identical to yours. I opened and slammed every door on the vehicle, including the hatch and the MO still thought there was a door open. Because the computer thought a door was open it wouldn't arm the alarm and the FOB would not lock the doors. I had to manually lock the doors and cross my fingers since the alarm wouldn't arm.
The next morning when I went to go to work it was fine. This happened to me about 3 times when the temperature dropped below about 10F. Took it to the dealer twice and they could not duplicate the problem. They took apart the door and cleaned and greased the wires or some $hit like that. It hasn't happened since, but ya know what...it hasn't been that cold anymore either.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The dealer is "perplexed" and can't explain what would cause this to happen. It's only the driver side rear door and like I said it only happens in very cold temps. They couldn't duplicate the problem once and the second time it went away after the greased things up; but by the time I picked the MO up the temp had risen by 20 degrees. Grease or temperature? I think it was the temp change, but like I said the temp hasn't dropped that low in over a month now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts