Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello... day 2 with my new to me 2015 Plat Tech... awesome car so far. Hitting the road for about 2 weeks and trying to avoid a trip to the selling dealer. I am getting an awful creek with my arm rested on the door armrest and in the panel right above it when hitting bumps. I can also recreate it by various pressure points in the area. Otherwise, the car is very solid throughout on our rough Va roads. See pic below, any suggestions? Is there an easy way to pop the panel, before I pull and break it, to add padding or possibly replace one or more clips which might be broken? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have the exact same problem. The fit and finish has been discussed on this forum plenty of times. Some have more creeks and rattles then others. Might be to do with the climates we live in. I haven't found a fix for the interior door panel.

You'll notice many more creeks and rattles as you own the car. Eventually you will just get used to it. Just a little discouraging when you have someone ride with you and tell you that your new car sounds like it's made out of Lego.

In case you might be thinking if yours was in an accident on that side. Probably not. My brand new 2017 Platinum started making a bunch of rattles and creeks about 2 to 3 months into ownership. Now I have at least 5 at anytime.

Driver door panel
Windshield cowl
Behind steering wheel
Rear hatch
Seatbelt latch

And I think a new one under the passenger seat developed recently. I'll have to check under there to make sure nothing rolled under it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lovely. I test drove a couple, all solid as a rock. Coming from my 13 RDX, big improvement in comfort. Still getting used the more "casual approach" in throttle response and the step back with the Bose. Otherwise, stoked to be driving it! I'll fix the rattle one way or another even if I have to shim it some how and keep fingers crossed the others stay at bay. 40k miles.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That sound you hear is especially noticeable when the temps drop closer to freezing. You will notice when it's about 60 or higher, you rarely hear it. I am not sure why that is the case, but it is definitely something to notice.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I have the exact same problem. The fit and finish has been discussed on this forum plenty of times. Some have more creeks and rattles then others. Might be to do with the climates we live in. I haven't found a fix for the interior door panel.

You'll notice many more creeks and rattles as you own the car. Eventually you will just get used to it. Just a little discouraging when you have someone ride with you and tell you that your new car sounds like it's made out of Lego.

In case you might be thinking if yours was in an accident on that side. Probably not. My brand new 2017 Platinum started making a bunch of rattles and creeks about 2 to 3 months into ownership. Now I have at least 5 at anytime.

Driver door panel
Windshield cowl
Behind steering wheel
Rear hatch
Seatbelt latch

And I think a new one under the passenger seat developed recently. I'll have to check under there to make sure nothing rolled under it.
Not to throw fuel on the fire, but I've had five Hondas in the last 10 years that were all way worse than any of our 3 Muranos. Same with Ford. I consider the Murano to be very well put together.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Because under that padded arm rest is cheap, hard plastic that shrinks/expands depending on temperature. I have the same issue with my driver's side arm rest on the door when it's cold. I also have a *pop* sound that emanates from the front passenger seat belt assembly when it's colder than 50 degrees but vanishes otherwise. Such is life in a Nissan. My old Acura and one of my old Subarus were far, far worse (oh yeah, and my pos first gen Mazda 6).

·
Registered
700 Posts
When you get to be my age and you "Can't hear Stuff (or whatever word you want to put here)" these little creaks and rattles suddenly disappear. I guess that's one advantage to getting older!

I'm 65 and my hearing is quite good so I still hear tire noise, squeaks, creaks and rattles, CVT whine, etc. but it's the rest of my body that's falling apart!

·
Registered
3 Posts
snap, crackle, pop that's Murano

We have a 2017.5 It started at 42 miles on the car. To make this short.... They replaced the right front strut bearing and some other part
part on the right front...The car has been in 4 times. It now has 1500 miles on it..All together they they did the RF as said, took the dash out
and under hood by the fire wall for rattle, inside left door for rattle and this last time replaced left strut and bearing. One time we took it in and they could not hear any thing ?? We have it back now for a week and FOR NOW ITS GREAT.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have the creak on the driver side door arm rest area as well - and that's the reason I absolutely NEVER rest my arm there because I'll go crazy if I hear it lol. Other than that not too many creaks so far and approaching 50K miles. As mentioned above, when the weather gets cold - then my windshield creaks a lot which is very annoying. But as long as the temperature is over 30 degrees it is nice and silent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
TiberiusGavier
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing