Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with a door rattle, this seems to be the whole driver door, not just some panels.

When i go over a bump, it seems to make a sound as if the door is not closed completly, but it is.

any ideas?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Matrixnyc said:
Has anyone had a problem with a door rattle, this seems to be the whole driver door, not just some panels.

When i go over a bump, it seems to make a sound as if the door is not closed completly, but it is.

any ideas?
I have that on both right and left doors, but it is wose on the right, and it is not a rattle, it is as if the whole door is knocking against something.

It usually takes a substantial bump to cause it though. I have not tried it but I plan to wrap tape around the part where the door locks on to to see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what sucks is that i know what caused it.

One windy day last week, i went to open the door and it flung open hard, but i have tried to see where it is coming from with no sucess

fuqen wind

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Matrixnyc said:
what sucks is that i know what caused it.

One windy day last week, i went to open the door and it flung open hard...
No noise before then?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, was solid like a rock.

Didnt have any of the panel rattle noise or anything.

now the whole door rattles.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
A month or so ago I noticed the front passenger door would make a "bumping" sound every now and then when I would hit the brakes. I took a look at the door but could not find anything obvious.

Then just the other day I realized it was an ice scraper in the door's lower storage bin that was making the noise.

Sometimes the source of a problem is more obvious than we think.

-njjoe

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is a metal to metal sound and it only happens over bumps and potholes

no ice scraper

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just had my car serviced...

And told the dealer about my door rattle. He said he heard it and did something about it. Sure enough, it still exists. One day, I may take the door apart and see for myself.

In other news, the dealer also denied hearing the dashboard squeeks that the car still has.

He said he tightened the antenna to fix my radio reception and it seems a tad better but still kinda crappy.

For my next car, I am going with Lexus.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Hey,

Can someone post the pictures of how to disassamble the driver door. The rattles I have driving me nuts.....:3:
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Murano_driver said:
Hey,

Can someone post the pictures of how to disassamble the driver door. The rattles I have driving me nuts.....:3:
Thank you in advance.
Here is a great set of instructions for door panel removal.

http://www.muthco.com/21001060RevA.pdf

But, you may simply tuck some felt along the edge and silence the noises. See
The Window Rattle thread for a picture. The felt solved my problem.

Best of luck!

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Thanks a bunch, MO Dale.

Great instructions. I’ll definitely try to get off the rattles before I start disassembling door. I afraid after I will assemble it back it will creates more rattle. So this is my last resort. Thanks again.

·
Registered
124 Posts
bumping noise

I have this problem too. The bumping/pumping low-frequency noise is caused by the door vibrating against the body so that the top portion of the door partly opens letting few drops of water in on a rainy day. One day I actually noticed a small gap appearing between the door and the body (upper portion of the door) when going over a bumpy road. I have this problem on both front doors. I would guess that the door lock adjustments might help but not sure... I am planning to find a knowledgeable body shop tech that can adjust doors properly. I know that the dealer is helpless for this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts