Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2011 Murano SL. My Warning display/dot matrix liquid crystal display went blank. I phoned the dealer and they said that because it's over 5 years it's not covered by warranty.
Any idea what would cause the display to go blank? I don't want to pay thousands of dollars to replace the whole cluster. And I don't think it's a fuse because the rest works fine. The other LCD with the trip info is working.

Thank you so much in advance for all your help.

·
Super Moderator
8,293 Posts
If you need a cluster, I agree - go used. Should be easy to find via Ebay (see above) or wrecking yard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Both for your replies.
The problem is that usually on eBay I find clusters in miles not in km. I leave in Canada and my wife, who drives the car more than I do, wants to have the speedometer in km. And even if I find one in km I wouldn't know how to install it because I can't find anything on the Internet on how I can take it apart.
And there is another thing. Most of the adds that I found for cluster give the mileage of the car that it came from. If I install another cluster will it show the mileage of my car or the mileage of the car that it came from?
So I was hoping to find someone that had this problem and maybe could tell me how to fix it, or how to take the cluster off.

Thank you again.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My cluster shows both miles/hr and km/hr. I would think that the LCD display would display whatever is in the car's computer. ie - km vs miles and your car's mileage vs the car it was removed from. Maybe someone else knows if the display has it's own processor and storage?

I haven't removed the cluster in one of these cars, yet. Closest to it was a 2007 Maxima. It was pretty straight-forward, though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also having this problem - the display is suddenly blank. So the consensus is that you can buy a used one and replace it yourself?? This would be a great alternative as I purchased my Murano used and did not get a warranty. Thanks :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Maggie,

I bought a used cluster from a yard. Paid $200 CAD for it. I took it to someone to get it reprogrammed with the same number of km as it was on my old one and paid another $200CAD. And paid $89 CAD at the dealership to get the clusters replaced. So I paid about $500 CAD instead of $1,200CAD for a brand new cluster.
Another option would have been to get the guy who reprogrammed the cluster to just take out the LCD screen from the new cluster and put it on my old one. But in this case I would've had to get the cluster out of the car myself and I couldn't find any instructions on how to do that.

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Instrument cluster removal 2nd gen

Hi Maggie,

I bought a used cluster from a yard. Paid $200 CAD for it. I took it to someone to get it reprogrammed with the same number of km as it was on my old one and paid another $200CAD. And paid $89 CAD at the dealership to get the clusters replaced. So I paid about $500 CAD instead of $1,200CAD for a brand new cluster.
Another option would have been to get the guy who reprogrammed the cluster to just take out the LCD screen from the new cluster and put it on my old one. But in this case I would've had to get the cluster out of the car myself and I couldn't find any instructions on how to do that.

I hope this helps!
An old thread ... does anyone have some information or instructions on how the instrument cluster is removed?

I have heard this lcd problem can either be the ribbon connector or simply (?) the lcd itself is burned out.
I can find shops online to repair the cluster but no part number for the lcd itself.
The dash instrument cluster has a part number of 24820-1SY0A and is about $725 new or about $150+ used.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Instrument cluster removal 2nd gen

An old thread ... does anyone have some information or instructions on how the instrument cluster is removed?

I have heard this lcd problem can either be the ribbon connector or simply (?) the lcd itself is burned out.
I can find shops online to repair the cluster but no part number for the lcd itself.
The dash instrument cluster has a part number of 24820-1SY0A and is about $725 new or about $150+ used.
Old thread but same problem with a 2012 SL. LCD stopped working one day it seems to be backlit but it is blank. Took it to the dealer to have them checked it they said the LCD is broken and it would be around $1,550.00 to replace the cluster and reprogram it.

I took to other shops but everyone says that if it requires reprogramming that only the dealer can do that.

TIA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts