Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a picture, can not remember where it came from, but it shows the Murano looking from the center console. On it are aluminum and rubber pedals like the FX except instead of round holes and pads of rubber, they have horizontal lines. Has anyone actually seen these and possibly know where they may be available? I phoned one of three local dealers and they said unavailable.

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
I think the picture you saw was one of the Murano concept vehicle (which shows alum. pedals.)

None of the production cars came with these pedals, nor are these pedals available anywhere.

I ordered some aluminim pedal covers Sunday, but I have not recieved them yet. I saw the covers I ordered posted on the FA Murano forum. The guy who had them also posted pics. They look pretty nice. Better then plain black.

I would have posted a link and pics, but for some reason the FA site isnt loading.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if you bought the FX35/45 pedals, be prepared for som fabrication. I have a set and thought I would see if the ones I saw could be had before I started modifications.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. I might oreder a set of those just for the gas pedal. The universal fit pedal will be much easier to use than modifying the FX pedals. Then the only modifying I will have to do is the dead pedal and IF I decide to do it "right" a mod on the E-brake pedal.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
26 Posts
I purchased the identical pedals last summer and they have held up well to my snow and salt covered winter boots. I do not know of
a matching dead pedal and parking break....might have to modify another pair. Fortunatley with my black interior the other pdeals are not that obvious. What colour is your interior?

·
Registered
6 Posts
My interior is black as well, so I should be ok. Actually I am going to install them tomorrow, supposed to be 50 degrees in NJ!

How was the installation? And are the pedals much closer together now?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The installation was a breeze...total of maybe 10 minutes. Also, not really any apparent difference in the distance between pedals...simply fit over existing ones with perhaps a 1/4" increase in height that you can adjust in the Murano if you feel the need to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
mort said:
I purchased the identical pedals last summer and they have held up well to my snow and salt covered winter boots. I do not know of
a matching dead pedal and parking break....might have to modify another pair. Fortunatley with my black interior the other pdeals are not that obvious. What colour is your interior?

You can try looking into attaching a M/T clutch pedal onto the e-brake (not sure if there's enough width on the stock e-brake pedal for the clutch pedal to clamp onto though).

Just an idea....

Yazi

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Nice.

What did you have to do to get them to fit?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The brake fits. The E-brake is way too big so I notched the lip on the cover at the top to fit around and hook on to the bar going into the dash. I filled it with silicon adhesive sealer as Carvy said to and hooked the bottom lip over the bottom of the metal pedal. The gas is completely different from the FX. The FX gas pedal is hinged and removes, the Mo pedal is there and shall not be moved. So I put the FX pedal in a vice and cut off the hinge and two tabs that are useed on the FX and filed it smooth, centered the aluminum pedal over the plastic Mo pedal and ran four 1 1/4" drywall screws through each hole in the corner right through the plastic pedal. The dead pedal was more of a challenge. I cut and whittled a piece of 2x4 to fit inside the dead pedal. drilled four holes in the wood block that correspond with the holes in the mounting from under the carpet. There is a frame mount under there to bolt a dead pedal to, unused. the aluminum plate is held to the black plastic on the pedal by six 3/8" long phillips head screws. I removed those screws and replaced them with six 2.5" drywall screws and went into the plastic and down into the wood block. It's a lot sturdier than the one in the FX or G35. Total time if I had worked on it steady straignt through, maybe a day.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I can see an outline of your old floormats. I take it that the OEM ones no longer work because of the way the dead pedal is?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ooooo no no no. What you see is the Nissan mats with a cheap but nice fluffy mat on top. The dead pedal is not all the way down against the bottom floor pan. The stock mats work fine, I had that little mat befor I got the OEM ones and put it on top to protect the OEM. Ok, call me anal, I also have the little plugs in the IRS holes :p Actually I can move the dead pedal about an inch or so any direction, maybe more up and down. It is infact not yet screwed down in that picture, I am driving with it to decide exactly where I want it. I can already say I really like it at the hight it is. I was affraid it would be too tall, but I like it the way it is all I am testing is the side to side and up down placement. When I figure where I want it I'll screw it down.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Sounds like you just about built them yourself! Nice job. I do like the look!

WindsorFox said:
The brake fits. The E-brake is way too big so I notched the lip on the cover at the top to fit around and hook on to the bar going into the dash. I filled it with silicon adhesive sealer as Carvy said to and hooked the bottom lip over the bottom of the metal pedal. The gas is completely different from the FX. The FX gas pedal is hinged and removes, the Mo pedal is there and shall not be moved. So I put the FX pedal in a vice and cut off the hinge and two tabs that are useed on the FX and filed it smooth, centered the aluminum pedal over the plastic Mo pedal and ran four 1 1/4" drywall screws through each hole in the corner right through the plastic pedal. The dead pedal was more of a challenge. I cut and whittled a piece of 2x4 to fit inside the dead pedal. drilled four holes in the wood block that correspond with the holes in the mounting from under the carpet. There is a frame mount under there to bolt a dead pedal to, unused. the aluminum plate is held to the black plastic on the pedal by six 3/8" long phillips head screws. I removed those screws and replaced them with six 2.5" drywall screws and went into the plastic and down into the wood block. It's a lot sturdier than the one in the FX or G35. Total time if I had worked on it steady straignt through, maybe a day.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MVTCFP said:
Sounds like you just about built them yourself! Nice job. I do like the look!
Not really. If you wanted to use all but the dead pedal it's very easy. The most industrial part is hacking the loop off the back of the gas pedal. The brake is quite a pain simply because it is so unflexable but it fits properly. The dead pedal is what took some fabrication. I had to cut and carve on a 2x4 block to get it to fit inside and then screw it through the carpet and into the metal frame underneath. The frame is apparently for a pedal that Nissan never made. But looking at it right next to an FX you'd never know they didn't come from the factory.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts