Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this is not a BIG problem but I have a question about the console lid hatch. I rarely use mine and never put any drinks in there but I occasionally store something in that compartment.
I noticed the door/hatch does not freely rise when I press that little button. It comes open and then I have to help it along. When the car was new, I tried it and she would pop right up. Is this common with other owners? Does your lid still spring to life or has it petered out? Like I said, not a big concern but wondering if you guys had the same with yours. I tried a little silicone spray where the hinge meets. It's kind of down in there and you can really only see the little arm hinges disappear behind the seal. It did not help much.
Bob1

·
Registered
842 Posts
Bob
I had the same issue but what I found was a accumulation of dust cookies,split coffee. I took a warm water rag and cleaned out the area around the lid and hinges and it works like new again.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found was a accumulation of dust cookies,split coffee

Stoker, oh the humanity! No food allowed in my MO. :eek: LOL

No drinks, no cookies but I guess dust can get a free ride. I hardly use that hatch. I think I store a frequent purchaser card for gas in there. That is about it. No coffee, no soda cans or anything. I'll try the wipe-down and I'll also monitor the thread as I'm curious about any others that respond.
Bob1

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
bob1 said:
Stoker, oh the humanity! No food allowed in my MO. :eek: LOL

That is one of the reasons why I enjoy this forum so much - the diversity of it's members.

One day I am reading a post asking how to remove vomit from the seats, and the next day I read about a member who refuses to allow food or drinks in his MO. You have got to love it. :D

-njjoe

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Had the same problem. When I press the button nothing happened, so I have to push back side of the cover with my tomb finger. Took it to the dealer, they order a replacement part, put it in. Now it’s working like a charm. And I also got clean cups because I think they all come as one block.:D

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
The spring probably got stretched out from being stretched all the time (lid closed). I leave mine open all the time, but when I close it, it opens like new.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Hmmm I had the same problem... dealer replaced it... to this day it still doesn't work well and I need to push on the rear of the lid. I would just love to get to the inside.... even a little weight added to the back would help. Perhaps I should have the dealer look at it again.

Mine is fairly clean and I DON'T allow food in the MO either.

·
5,244 Posts
Comon guys! It is just a car! Do you drive Murano long distances? Let's say 6 - 8 hours? I have kept all of my cars clean. And people always comment how clean they are inside. And I do drink and eat inside........what is wrong with that? Just be resonable........it is just a car......a good one, yes, but just a car.

Enjoy and let's your family enjoy it as well.......;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Believe it or not, there is a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) on this problem - I remember seeing it some time ago when I was perusing them all.

I have the same problem, but decided to live with it once I read the TSB: it requires loosening the anchoring screws for the entire center console, repositioning it (slightly) to remove binding against the convenience compartment lids' pivot points, then retightening. I didn't want to go that far myself, and I wouldn't feel comfortable having the Service Dept. do it either (likely to solve one problem and create another).

JDB

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Believe it or not, there is a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) on this problem - I remember seeing it some time ago when I was perusing them all.

This thread proves one fact. You guys are amazing, hands down this has to be the best web site on the net. Look at my simple question about an annoyance more so than a problem. Everyone jumps in with a shared knowledge and information. I'm proud to be a member of this Murano club.
Bob1 :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
The "lids" on the console have a spring to open them and a gear work to slow it down so it opens all cool like.

Check to make sure the spring is still there, if it is and in the right place, its most likely just hair, cookie crumbs (if you're Stoker aka Cookie Monster), dust.

Just clean it.

Or if your mo still has its warranty, call them, and have them replace it.... having them replace it beat cleaning any day!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Margatenj said:
The "lids" on the console have a spring to open them and a gear work to slow it down so it opens all cool like.

Check to make sure the spring is still there, if it is and in the right place, its most likely just hair, cookie crumbs (if you're Stoker aka Cookie Monster), dust.

Just clean it.

Or if your mo still has its warranty, call them, and have them replace it.... having them replace it beat cleaning any day!
Just make sure the cookies are chocolate chip or you are walking

:2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
No no no food... crumbs and odor... only water......

I think the spring in mine is OK since if I push down on it slight from the rear it does spring open. Just doesn't open when you first press the button.

I had the MO at the dealer today for some other routine maintenance. I mentioned it to them. I will predict they will say they fixed it but it will work just the same when I return. I may prusue it if I can get my hands on the SB. (Why is it we have to do their work for them?)

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
bob1 said:

This thread proves one fact. You guys are amazing, hands down this has to be the best web site on the net. Look at my simple question about an annoyance more so than a problem. Everyone jumps in with a shared knowledge and information. Bob1 :)
That's one way to look at it. I was thinking maybe I just need to get a life. :2:

-njjoe:jump3:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Got back from the dealer and they fixed it.... wow! It feels a little harder to clolse. I think perhaps that replaced the small rubber nubs with slightly longer ones... gives it a little extra push when you press the button.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts