Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new Murano this past Friday and I took it thru a car wash and I had a good amount of water spray through the sunroof area and also through the top of the lip of the trunk.

Is this a normal thing to occur when going through a high powered wash?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
A quick answer would be no. I've been through quite a few high pressure washes and no leaks. I do find however, that if you open the hatch after a car wash there is a lot of water between the hatch and the body (the rubber seal is placed in an odd area).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to you both, and thanks for that archived thread. That guy really had an issue on his hands.
I will try another wash because the one that I normally go through is really powerful and I've never taken a car through it that has a sunroof until now.
We'll see what happens!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went through another wash the other day (Sunoco EcoWash) and had no leaks at all. All is well!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sorry...but if my $35k new car leaked from anywhere it would go right back to the dealers front door and parked. Why would you think that it's okay for any sunroof, window, door to leak? Totally not acceptable and I would be hoppin' mad as hell!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts