Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a problem with the driver’s door. It works fine, I mean lock and unlock but the space on the top between the door and body as twice as it should be compare to passenger’s side door. It vibrates on the high speed and making a nasty noise over the bumps. It drives me nuts. I am not sure when exactly it starts; I can only remember that last month it was fine. I check all the nuts on the door and all of them seem to be nice and tight. Door is not skewed or anything because it locks perfectly as before. Did anyone have this problem? Is it something you guys can recommend to check before I go to the dealer? (who probably will not fix it anyway)

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might try to take a picture, but I do not think gap will be visible. I need to push the rubber off the way with my fingers to feel the gap. That’s how I find out in the first place. I can stick my finger in the driver’s door gap, but only the toothpick to my passenger’s door gap.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Driver's door

OK here are the pictures. Sorry for the quality but it was hard to hold the pen and take the picture of the ceiling in the same time. So, this is a driver’s door; as you can see I can fit the whole pen in the gap…

Attachments

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Passenger's door

Here is the passenger’s door; I can only fit a little and only if I push the pen hard…

Attachments

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Murano_driver-

Your problem is obvious.....

you've got a pen stuck in the door!! :21:

But seriously folks... I had a similar problem with another car a few years ago.

The driver's door wasn't closing tight. The top appeared to be pulled away from the weatherseal. I could not figure out the cause. I mentioned it to my neighbor and he told me he had seen the same thing on his wife's car!!

The only thing we could figure was that someone tried to break into our cars by slipping a coat hanger or something on the inside of the door, between the roof and the door, by pulling back on the top of the door. It's possible they were trying to hit the UNLOCK button. The alarm would have gone off on both cars so I am not sure what they were thinking. It could have been kids screwing around.

Is it possible?? Who knows?

-njjoe

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it is the possibility, but the first time I remember this problem was when I took my car away from my garage. Mo was there for a week while I was in Mexico. I do not think that they lock the keys inside and than was trying to open the car like kids...they have locksmith person on payroll (I know because I asked them). Also, I personally think it is impossible to open the car that way, but I will look for scratches anyway and let you know....Hmm wait I just remember one thing….when I got my car back the robber weatherseal was loose….so that might be it…but how can I fix it anyway….

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Murano_driver-

Seeing that the weatherseal was loose, odds are very good that someone tried to jimmy the door.

I bent mine back by hand. With the door open, I stood in the open doorway and pulled the upper door frame towards me while using a knee to push on the interior of the lower door. I did it a little bit at a time until it was perfect. It doesn't take much effort.

Did this occur at a public or private parking garage? If it happened in the private garage in your building I would lodge a complaint and ask for compensation.

I hope this helps.

-njjoe

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried to bend it back, it helps but still not perfect…. not the same as before. I think it will take me some time to get it to the way it was. Then I was posting my questions I think it was the lock on the door. Thanks a bunch njjoe and Dennis Fink, I could not believe it I did not think about it myself. I only wish they were using the back door or passanger door, and not the door I am using most....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts