Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, yesterday at Eastside Nissan, they couldn't find anything wrong w/ the auto seat adjust. It worked perfectly. You KNOW cars always try to behave for the doctor! Not fair. Anyway, I was looking at it this morning and noticed the the problem seems to be in the ignition stuff rather than in the seat. The key passes by a particular spot along its way to 'all the way in' and activates the seat memory which tells the seat to move. If it doesn't start that in motion at that time, the seat won't move at all. (When you pull the key out, you can tell just when the part of the key passes that particular point where the seat activates.

From your experience, is this a problem that can be fixed by repairing the 'unit' or would a whole cluster of stuff - the unit - have to be replaced? It seems that 'they' try to make it easy on the mechanic by not letting them have to fix anything - just replace it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I had a problem with this at one point and it turned out that the cabling under the seat was getting pulled loose because of the Service Dept not securing it properly after a fix. Went underneath and did it myself and it fixed the seat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts