Nissan Murano Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
I had a one of the seat modules fail about a year into ownership. The heating and cooling just stopped working. Haven't had an issue since but I'm not confident they will last the entire length of my car ownership (usually keep cars between 7 -10 years)

·
Registered
663 Posts
I guess being just a service bulletin and not a recall, we still have to pay for it to get corrected... no?

As for my post just two up, my heated stopped working again and only cooling works. What junk...

·
Registered
4 Posts
It not a hard job to repair hardest part of the whole job is buying a price of wire that has 6 wires and a plastic block for 129.00 dollars

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have 2015 Platinum out of warranty with driver side heating failure. Intermittent. Took to dealer, $1400 to replace climate control unit and harness kit. I am researching issue, found tech bulletin in this thread, also a list of something like a dozen Nissan makes / models impacted. Pictures in bulletin for the technicians show the "bad" module, which is melted.

My question - does anyone know of getting out-of-warranty relief for this from Nissan Consumer Affairs? One of the websites is titled "Nissan Recall Campaign Technical Bulletin" - but I haven't found any info on recall (although it would seem to be a candidate).

·
Registered
30 Posts
The heater/cooler wiring is garbage. Ours is broken again with only 40k.

I opened a case with Nissan Consumer Affairs. The dealer seemed to think I have a decent chance of some payment, at 48k. Will post update once received.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Update - I received approval from Nissan for 60% payment on the relacement of my heated driver seat module and wiring which failed (melted). I called Consumer Affairs and politely told them about the $1485 repair at 48,000 miles, that there was a Nissan technical bulletin showing 12 + makes and models affected, and I have read about dozens of failures online. They came back with the 60% due to time and mileage out of warranty. Double bonus - it got written up as warranty repair, dropping total cost, so my 40% was only $300 - still too high but I have to have my heated leather seat. It is worth the time to call them if you can't do the repairs yourself.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Not sure on the module itself. If I recall correctly someone was quoted around $180 for it. But then again I also recall someone stating that they were quoted $1000 for the dealer to repair.

So not sure which quote was way off as I can't imagine it would be $800 for labour.

·
Super Moderator
8,981 Posts
"Dealer repair" means replace it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Parts and labor both significant and of course significantly more than they ever should have been. See attached estimate including labor. Nissan knows this is an ongoing issue, otherwise they never would have given me the 60% when I'm so far out of warranty. $300 was too much to pay.

1618858643283~3.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Murano Platinum
12 Posts
To anyone that may be able to help me my 2015 platinum is having the opposite effect and instead of not heating up it is not cooling but burning the hell out of my rear-end during the summer when it is turned to cooling and it is only happening with my drivers seat. So when turned to cooling it is heating and not cooling and with black leather seats in 90°+ weather with full sun my butt can't take it.Are there any fixes aside from taking to the corrupt dealerships? I still have a warranty but would just rather not deal with taking it in because no matter how well this vehicle is cared for they always seem to try and claim that this is or was defective in hopes of trying to trap me into paying more. So if anyone can help please feel free to respond and I thank you all so much for your time 🙏.

·
Registered
30 Posts
To anyone that may be able to help me my 2015 platinum is having the opposite effect and instead of not heating up it is not cooling but burning the hell out of my rear-end during the summer when it is turned to cooling and it is only happening with my drivers seat. So when turned to cooling it is heating and not cooling and with black leather seats in 90°+ weather with full sun my butt can't take it.Are there any fixes aside from taking to the corrupt dealerships? I still have a warranty but would just rather not deal with taking it in because no matter how well this vehicle is cared for they always seem to try and claim that this is or was defective in hopes of trying to trap me into paying more. So if anyone can help please feel free to respond and I thank you all so much for your time 🙏.
The controller for the seat heater is a known issue, tech bulletin in this thread. The module melts, so I suppose it might also affect cooling as it fails? Really don't know, but I do know Nissan is covering replacement of failed seat controllers with a big customer loyalty discount even if out of warranty. If you have a warranty you should definitely get it checked out, make them pay.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts