Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read about the drivers seat rocking and making noise when stopping and starting mine is doing just that.I have 3000 miles on my 05 and the seat is doing what a recall or tsb on the older ones had.Is this issue taken care of or is this still a issue in the 05s? Has other 05 owners have this issue??

Thank you in advance for all the replys

Larry:confused: :confused:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Not enought miles yet, but not me. GRIP :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Larry, please describe your problem in more detail. Do you have drivers seat memory? At what point precisely does it move? in what direction? What kind of noise?

I have an 05 myself, 700 miles, memory seats, the only noise thus far is that of the seat sliding into memorized position, but I will listen more carefully.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drivers Seat noise

Spin_Echo said:
Larry, please describe your problem in more detail. Do you have drivers seat memory? At what point precisely does it move? in what direction? What kind of noise?

I have an 05 myself, 700 miles, memory seats, the only noise thus far is that of the seat sliding into memorized position, but I will listen more carefully.

The below was copyed from another area but this is what is happining to me,I do have mem seat and nav

I also have a burning smell when I get off the highway then I pull in my garage.This is on another post Do a search.

The problem I'm experiencing is a popping sensation usually on my left thigh and sometimes on my rear along with a slight rocking motion. The sensation does not happen all the time, but does happen at least once on my commute to and from work

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Not an 05, but the rocking motion of the drivers seat I experience is easily reproduced by braking hard (you can literally feel the seat tipping forward). Haven't had time to have the dealer address it yet, but I will try to get the seat rails replaced via the TSB.

·
Registered
777 Posts
larry - I just took my 03 in (yesterday 2/23) for a 2 yr visit & one of the items the dealer addressed was the rocking & squeeking on my drivers seat.
Of course he had to order the rails so it will take a 2nd visit, but I am hopeful this will do the trick.

The seat had had some rocking motion but not enough to make a dedicated trip, but within the last couple of months it started to make some awful squeeking sounds. :3:

It should be in next week & I will give you an update. Hopefully with some good news. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
wasnt there a post not to long ago about this issue. I believe the fix was to tighten the phillips head screws that attach the seat to the bracket. Let me go search and report back.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
TonyD(90Z32TT) said:
wasnt there a post not to long ago about this issue. I believe the fix was to tighten the phillips head screws that attach the seat to the bracket. Let me go search and report back.
I tried this fix and helped some but did not correct in full. Maybe the cause is different on some?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have about 2,700 miles on my '05 and have not experienced that problem yet. knock on wood...:25:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the same problem when the seat is raised to the max height. Even a small turn left or right produces squeaks. I lower it a little bit from the max, the noise is gone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts