Nissan Murano Forum banner

461 - 468 of 468 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
Delighted to hear it. $60 and a half-hour each for install and re-install doesn't hurt much.

Well done!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Joining in on the old school thread... My "new to me" 05 SE has the broken seat issue. Called my local Stealership in Regina and they want $1k for the full seat assembly. Ordered a replacement bracket through Rock Auto for $100 shipped.

The Parts guy here had to google the seat issue and then nearly crapped his pants when I told him it was an epidemic with the MO's... Didn't even blame me for ordering the $100 part

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
Joining in on the old school thread... My "new to me" 05 SE has the broken seat issue. Called my local Stealership in Regina and they want $1k for the full seat assembly. Ordered a replacement bracket through Rock Auto for $100 shipped.
Well, you're still going to have to pull the seat - and you could take it to a welding shop and they can fix it for $50. Just food for thought...

·
Registered
187 Posts
It takes a fair bit of work to disassemble the seat to replace the seat bracket.

I looked into that when my seat bracket broke and decided it was a lot easier to take the seat to a welder to weld together the broken parts and reinforce the seat bracket with a steel brace. The entire bill came to 40-50 bucks and the "repaired" bracket is much stronger than the original.

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
It takes a LOT of dang work to get the &*$^#&$ seat bracket out!!! It's a freakin' mess!!!

I started down that road and quickly decided that it was a waste of time. I agree- the weld is stronger than the original bracket, so for me welding instead of putting in a weak part that might break again was a good decision.

·
Banned
28 Posts
rustyrodder38

Hello Everyone:

I need help. My 2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD has had a load of problems. Steering wheel off center, A Pillar rattling, gas door buzzing, and the loose udriver's seat. I bought the car on 12/28/03. So far it's been back to the dealer 4 times. It has truly been a saga.

The dealer has managed to fix everything except for the seat. I took in the TSB for the seat and they're telling me that it does not apply to my car. The TSB was issued for 2003 models and that the 2004 models have the updated equipment. The born on date for my car was Oct. 2003.

The problem I'm experiencing is a popping sensation usually on my left thigh and sometimes on my rear along with a slight rocking motion. The sensation does not happen all the time, but does happen at least once on my commute to and from work. I've even taken the service manager on a ride with me. He could not reproduce the problem. The dealer knows the issue and I've also contacted Nissan North America (escalation team). They can't reproduce the problem.

I'm at a loss on what to do. Is there a fix somewhere out there for this? Something like the business card in the door trick for the windows rattling?

To say the least, I'm extremely dissapointed in Nissan. My entire experience with them has been terrible. No one seems to care. How in the world could they put a product with this kind of shoddy workmanship out there? I don't know if they can redeem themselves now, but they've lost a customer for life.

Any help would is greatly appreciated.

UPDATED ADDED BY MODERATOR: Update - SOME IMPORTANT INFO IN THIS POST:

My seat broke AGAIN. Here is some important information for people reading this post - I am adding it the first post since most people begin here.

I was quoted $938.31 to repair the seat, which involved replacing a part called the "adjuster assembly, front". Part number 87450-CA68B. This includes $225 in labor and $50 in shop fees.

So I wondered, is this the same as the parts they replaced last time for my rocking seat.

87458-AR00A - seat lifter link
874540CA61A - seat motor assembly

The answer is.... yes, they are the same part. The two numbers listed above are what is specified in the Seat Repair TSB, but apparently there is an updated part number now for both pieces. Nissan has combined the part into one part number now. Notice the "B" in the part number - most online catalog numbers are CA68A. The new one is CA68B. Apparently the part has been UPDATED AGAIN because the old one was still breaking.

The dealership was unhelpful so I filed a claim with Nissan Consumer Affairs - its on page 10 of this thread. I urge EVERYONE who had the seat issue to file a complaint with NHTSA - its the only way to prevent this from being a $1000 repair for other Murano owners (or perhaps yourself again, as in my case where the seat broke twice).

Link to NHTSA:
Home | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)

UPDATE AGAIN - SEE PICTURES OF THE BROKEN PART ON PAGE 11 OF THIS THREAD (Thanks, Eric L.)
MAJOR UPDATE: NHTSA has started a preliminary investigation into this problem. See page 11 of this thread for details.
Dorman products makes a new replacement lift bar, not very expensive. Easy fix if you have access to a mig welder, pull and unplug seat remove from Murano then put upside down on bench, remove old lift bar you will have to cut loose from old weld, once done cover bottom of seat with a welding blanket. Now reweld new lift bar in place. I added extra weld. Put back together and bolt back in Murano, job done.

461 - 468 of 468 Posts
About this Discussion
467 Replies
162 Participants
User Name
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing