Nissan Murano Forum banner
21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Nissan Enthusiast
194 Posts
Reply Door Lock Automatically

I had this happen to me on three seperate occasions. I got all ramped up and ordered the Factory Service Documentation CD from Nissan ($220.00 bucks....steep) to be prepared for some of these types of problems....Then I noticed something while exiting my car. The long slinky handle hugs the lock/unlock button and when pulling on this thin oddly shaped handle and THEN releasing it a portion of my palm, where my pinky is, dragged the lock button to the locked position. The button moves with little force. Thats why only the drivers side door locks. I caught myself doing it on more than one occasion. I hope this is really the culprit and not some intermittent short.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
194 Posts
Manuals for $20.00?

Wait one minute here guys. I just ordered the CD for $220.00 from Nissan and you are telling me that I can get all the info on that CD by downloading it.....If that is the case I am going to see if I can send it back. Please clarify whether or not I can download the complete service manual using this method....

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Well...I don't know what to say...YES! Read the thread though, helps if you have high speed, ~50 files, requires persistance etc.

I bought the CD for my Z. Then somebody posted this on a Z forum. Then I paid my $20, downloaded all the TSBs, service manuals and some other stuff for the Z and MO. Compared the downloaded SM to the CD SM for the Z, and what I downloaded was newer.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Manuals for $20.00?

Murano service manual for $20 bucks, yup.

Simply down loaded all of the PDFs (owners manual too) and burnt to a CD.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
194 Posts
They take returns

Whew!!! I just found out I could send back my Factory Service CD and get my $220.00 refunded as long as I dont break the seal on the cd. Good deal man. Now I will download the stuff pronto and then take the extra cash and buy that iPod for my Murano. Anybody figure out how to use the SAT inputs on the head unit as analog inputs for my MP3 player?

·
4,599 Posts
Re: They take returns

generator said:
Whew!!! I just found out I could send back my Factory Service CD and get my $220.00 refunded as long as I dont break the seal on the cd. Good deal man. Now I will download the stuff pronto and then take the extra cash and buy that iPod for my Murano. Anybody figure out how to use the SAT inputs on the head unit as analog inputs for my MP3 player?
While you're at it, you can get other Nissan manuals and also log in with the same username and password on www.infiniti-techinfo.com and get manuals from there as well.

Still working on the SAT inputs. If you have a SAT you can redirect the audio from another device, but without it, someone has to create a device to emulate a SAT so the head unit will allow audio in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Inadvertent Door Locking

Yes it just happened to me in my one week old Murano. I started the car , then got out of the car for about 30 seconds, then when I tried to get back in , all the doors were locked -- key in ignition with the engine running. I have been unable to duplicate this again?? The moral of this is don't leave the key in the ignition of your Murano, unless you're in there with it!! From previous posts I suspect there is a random problem with the door locking system. By the way, I think this is a great car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It happened to me too

Hi All,

The famous door locking problem happened to me today. Luckily was still in garage and hence had easy access to my spare - else I would have had to call AAA. When I got off , I made sure that door was not closed.

This definately is a random problem as I have never seen this before.

Looking at this and other random problem I had of car braking itself hard, I am really suspecting Nissan Murano's computer's firmware code. Most of the problems go away by turning the engine off - as if resetting the computer makes the problem go-away.

I am begining to suspect their QA and testing for the electronics/electrical systems is not upto standard . Or since murano was announced long back , they might have sacrificed on their testing to hit the market soon. In any case , it doesn't reflect good on their testing methodology. I hate to see products introduced to market with "bugs".

Though I love the car for its engine , power and comfort , I am really disappointed with their electronics system. I definately will consider thrice before looking at any new Nissan product because of this.

pkhona

:3: :3:

·
Nissan Enthusiast
194 Posts
The easiest way to see if the car really has a problem is do this: Everytime you unlock your car with your remote press the unlock key twice to make sure all doors are unlocked. The next time the doors lock by themselves take note: Did ALL the doors lock or did just the drivers side door lock? If it's just the drivers side door then you have encountered the bad ergonomic design of the door lock/handle (see previous posts and Nissan TSB's about this problem and inadvertently locking the door when releasing the handle) and you must be more careful when exiting the car. I know...I am mad too but Rome was not built in a day...now that you know you WILL be more observant. If all the doors locked then you may have an electronic problem. Everytime my door locked it was only the drivers side door (luckily the other doors were unlocked) and I caught myself locking the door by mistake when pulling the handle and pushing the door open. I would also suggest making a flat copy of your key and put it behind your license plate ( I held mine in place with the license plate screw )

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is what happend to me step by step.

1. I was in the car going to a gas station with ALL doors locked.
2. I got out of the car to pump gas. I opened the driver door to get out. All other doors were locked except the driver door.
3. While pumping gas for a minute, I heard the door lock automatically. The keys were in my loose jacket with no pressure on the "lock" button (but I can't exactly prove that).

The door electronics locked it after about 1min.
Thank god I had the keys with me.

I'm not buying the ergonomics of the door handle/lock. I actually heard the door lock by itself with no one in the car.

Next time I will try the same with all doors unlocked. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does its eiry.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
194 Posts
It seems you may have an electronics problem then. I think the Muarano has an auto re-lock feature built into its alarm system. If the doors are locked and unlocked later the doors will lock within a minute if the engine is not started. Does not seem to be the case with your scenario though. There is a TSB at Nisaan's website regarding an electrical harness that may be bad on a certain number of Murano's. I have attached the TSB.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
All doors - happens all the time

Hi Generator,

I tried the experiment that you suggested , all the doors closed all the times after some time. I stood by the car during all the experiments. I would expect doors to lock when I start the engine , not when its matter of simple unlocking. I know that there is a TSB for this.

Also I am surprised that Nissan cannot even get this simple design correct first time and only after field deployment they realised this problem. Agreed new products have problems , but such obivious ones are not expected for a $34k product and that too from a reputed company like nissan.

I am taking car to the dealer and get this fixed asap.

Regards,

pkhona

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
Wow.. and here I thought I was just imagining it..

it's happens to me about 2/month.. usualy when I'm going to get the mail..

1) all doors are unlocked..
2) I stop the car..
3) open the doos as usual (it's unlocked by default, since when I opened the doors originally)
4) get out..
5) by the time I get back 1 min later.. the driver (and only the driver door) is locked..

The first two times it happened, I had my keys still in the ignition, (not running) since then I've learned to take them with me..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Darryl, same thing happens to me, but I actually hear the car lock. Can you hear it, or does your driver side door just happen to be locked when you return?

It's rare and happens to me usually while getting mail or gas.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
194 Posts
Darrylburke: This is the exact scenario that drove me crazy when I first got my murano. The drivers side door was always locking. But upon close inspection I found I was locking the door inadvertently. Try it. You will see that if your hand is positioned near the lock your hand will swivel the lock closed when pulling the handle and then thrusting the door open. Bad bad Nissan. They have been making cars for how long? They should have seen this one coming.

·
Registered
278 Posts
generator

I will have to check out that door lock position when I pick up my MO this week, but...

I work in systems design (computer telephony), and it's easy to blame the designers after the fact for failing to predict every possible effect/result on a product that has never existed before.

Sure, cars have existed, but have you ever seen anything depart so radically and so suddenly as the Murano does?

If that's the only problem I have to deal with, I'll survive it.

I love my Nissan dealer, but if Toyota had made the Murano, Nissan would have lost my business!

I have asked them to check the door locks prior to delivery, but if they don't, I will have two keys (one is always in my pocket) and two remote fobs. I think I'll make a pendant out of the second one, and hang it around my neck. I'll call it Albatross.

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
I've never heard the "click" of the locks going,, so it might be my hand inadvantanly pressing the lock. I'll have to be more carefull..

I check my "hand placement" when opening the lock and pushing the door open.. it doesn't see to close to the lock..

one idea that just came to mind.. I figure that if its' my hand that is hitting the lock. more then likley it's just brushing it enough to lock (but not press the lock in completly..)

I'm going to try and put some liquid paper (a stripe) on the side of the lock.. and scrap it off so when the lock is press completly down, you can't see the white.. and if you press it half way it will show..

this way next time it happens, I can walk over to the other side of the car and see if the white is showing or not..

21 - 40 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.