Nissan Murano Forum banner
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
No, neither the battery or alternator have been replaced.

Like you, my car doors are generally locked when I go out to start the car. They were this morning. Like you I don't lock the doors of the MO in the garage.

This was the first time that the two front windows were down.

I have always had the problem of doors locking if you are foolish enough to step out leaving the motor running to, say, mail a letter or return a library book or move a slow-moving turtle out of the roadway. Sometimes it's the driver's door and other times all four doors lock! So I carry the valet key with me.

About a month ago I was working in the garage and MO gave a brief horn toot and all doors locked!

This is the ONLY complaint I have with this 2003 MO and I've learned to live with it. The local (small Georgia town) Nissan dealer says they just don't sell and service enough MO's to have the experience to diagnose and fix the problem.

·
Premium Member
7,135 Posts
If you find the doors locked and the windows down check your keyfobs to see if one of them is at fault. When I use my keyfob to roll the windows down but do not open any doors, it automatically locks the doors after a preset amount of time (but does not roll the windows back up) This is pretty much in line with what is happening with yours so maybe it is not the MO, but the keyfob that is sending the commands when it is not supposed to.

Or as it happened to me once, someone is having fun with you by playing with the remotes from inside the house when you are working on the car???

Another possibility, someone close by has a remote that operates on the same frequency as yours!!! Try reprograming your fobs to see if that solves the problem..

·
Premium Member
7,135 Posts
graydonl said:
How do I reprogram my FOB's on a 2003 MO? You're dealing with a 72 year old so please be patient!!
Well, I am not too far behind.....Thanks for reminding me!!

Here is a picture of the page from the Service Manual. Hopefully it will be readable.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
graydonl,

Unless I'm missing something I don't think there is anything wrong... I would be willing to be that somehow... perhaps while the fob was in your pocket the unlock button was held (resulting in windows down) and the lock was pressed (locking the doors).

Maybe???

·
Premium Member
7,135 Posts
Gonzo said:
graydonl,

Unless I'm missing something I don't think there is anything wrong... I would be willing to be that somehow... perhaps while the fob was in your pocket the unlock button was held (resulting in windows down) and the lock was pressed (locking the doors).

Maybe???
The lock button does not even have to be pressed. Once the fob is used to roll the windows down with the door closed, the alarm is automatically reset so if you do not open any doors, they will lock and the alarm will be activated within the preset amount of time. So basically, all that needed to happen was for something to hold the unlock button on the fob down for a few seconds.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for all the inputs guys! I got a great laugh out of a couple of them - super sense of humor! I'll try a few of the ideas and see how things go. Still a great vehicle - even for an old codger!

·
Registered
4 Posts
driverside door automatically locks

Hi just wondering if there has been a proven solution to the driverside door automatically locking. I read through most of the entires but wasn't sure if there was an answer. I'm taking mine in tomorrow and it's been proven with my dealership that if I don't have an answer then the problem really doesn't exist. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,135 Posts
In my case, and many others, bad inside door handle results in the lock button being pushed in when we open the door. When I pay attention, I never get locked out. Other than that, there is no solution unless you disconnect the little rod that goes from that lock button to the lock itself, making it a non-working lock button. You can still lock the doors with the fob, or the power lock button from inside.
There is however a TSB out on this issue for those that actually have a defective door wire harness or lock control module. To keep the MO from unnecessarily being taken apart, I recommend paying attention to the way your hand hits the door when you open it from inside. If you are convinced that it is not you, then take it to the dealer for the fix.

·
Registered
763 Posts
wworthy - trust me, if you think the car is doing it, it probablly is.

After getting locked out twice & then having the TSB applied it has never happened again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
diverside door automatically locks

What's a TSB? I'm almost positive it's not me. If I unlock all the other doors it will just lock the drivers door but if I forget to unlock the others - I'm out another $65 for lock out service. I've only did it twice with the car running but the back doors were unlock so I just crawled over the seat but this weekend I was at the gas station and forgot to unlock so I could fill up and ended up waiting an hour and a half. I love the car but this is just frustrating.

·
Premium Member
7,135 Posts
Re: diverside door automatically locks

wworthy said:
What's a TSB? I'm almost positive it's not me. If I unlock all the other doors it will just lock the drivers door but if I forget to unlock the others - I'm out another $65 for lock out service. I've only did it twice with the car running but the back doors were unlock so I just crawled over the seat but this weekend I was at the gas station and forgot to unlock so I could fill up and ended up waiting an hour and a half. I love the car but this is just frustrating.
TSB is Technical Service Buletin, and tells the dealer how to fix a particular problem.

From your description, it could be you! The lock button needs a very small push to engage. It may look unlocked but it will internally lock once you slam the door shut...:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: Re: diverside door automatically locks

zebelkhan said:

TSB is Technical Service Buletin, and tells the dealer how to fix a particular problem.

From your description, it could be you! The lock button needs a very small push to engage. It may look unlocked but it will internally lock once you slam the door shut...:D
Thanks - I'll play with it tonight to see (of course with the other keys in hand).

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Sounds like you need the TSB... same thing happened to me... and from time to time I do see that I accidentally lock the door on my way out. Yikes!

81 - 95 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.