Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I bought(leased) a 2012 Murano SL at 75k miles back in November 19’... I replaced the wheel hub after I bought it didn’t bother me but I just hit 82k miles and my transmission is giving me issues now... it was my daily driver and I drove it nice and easy while maintaining it properly. I looked everywhere for there to be a sign of a recall or something special for the CVT trans but couldn’t find anything. I even called Nissan and they said there was nothing they could do. So my question to anyone out there, has anyone taken a completely different drivetrain outside of Nissan and swapped it into these? I mean hell if I’m gonna spend $2k+ I might as well make it last.. any advice would be great! Again I’ve only owned this car for 7 months.. I have 3 years left on the contract and if I’m going to own the thing I might as well have fun with it

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Hey everyone,

I bought(leased) a 2012 Murano SL at 75k miles back in November 19’... I replaced the wheel hub after I bought it didn’t bother me but I just hit 82k miles and my transmission is giving me issues now... it was my daily driver and I drove it nice and easy while maintaining it properly. I looked everywhere for there to be a sign of a recall or something special for the CVT trans but couldn’t find anything. I even called Nissan and they said there was nothing they could do. So my question to anyone out there, has anyone taken a completely different drivetrain outside of Nissan and swapped it into these? I mean hell if I’m gonna spend $2k+ I might as well make it last.. any advice would be great! Again I’ve only owned this car for 7 months.. I have 3 years left on the contract and if I’m going to own the thing I might as well have fun with it
No, you can't just drop a transmission from a completely different car into your Murano.

I was not aware that one could lease an 8-year old car. Even so, I would think that some kind of extended warranty would (should?) be mandatory to do so.

·
Administrator
9,153 Posts
Nope, no option for a different transmission. Get one from a "auto recycler" if you can, if not bite the bullet and get one from Nissan. Either way you're in a few thousand $.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts