Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has installed actual driving lights to their murano. If so how fit etc

I'm thinking about putting say some hella micro de hid or the rally ff1000 hid lights (when I finally close the deal and get the car (looking forward to it))

Currently have a subaru outback with cibie sc pod driving lights with 130 watt globes in them, so I want to still get some pretty amazing ligt penetration on high beam in the murano.

Or are the murano's hid headlights that good on high beam??

Thanks

(BTW like the board, full of lots of info, and no agro)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I find the HID lowbeams to be of limited range, but the high beams are fantastic.

·
5,244 Posts
I second Eric opinion. You most likely will need to adjust the low beam.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Kris said:
I second Eric opinion. You most likely will need to adjust the low beam.
PLEASE DON'T!!!! Or at least be VERY careful when you adjust low beams. They're aimed low FOR A REASON. Don't blind the oncoming drivers.

·
Registered
982 Posts
anyone try to replace the highbeams with regular driving lights ? I'lm not sure if they are angled higher and would blind drivers, like Corin is worried about.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
quog said:
I'm wondering if anyone has installed actual driving lights to their murano. If so how fit etc

I'm thinking about putting say some hella micro de hid or the rally ff1000 hid lights (when I finally close the deal and get the car (looking forward to it))

Currently have a subaru outback with cibie sc pod driving lights with 130 watt globes in them, so I want to still get some pretty amazing ligt penetration on high beam in the murano.

Or are the murano's hid headlights that good on high beam??

Thanks

(BTW like the board, full of lots of info, and no agro)
Answering your question Both Mopar and I have actual added driving light. I have 100watt Hellas and MoPars are Hellas also. don't know his wattage. He posted a picture of where they are mounted. We both have an independent switch for them.

My Low beams are stock position controlled by thumb wheel, High Beams are stock. Fog lamps are (excuse this) Lexus yellow.

Light control is great, we have what light is required for any situation, we control our usage of light properly and do not bother other drivers. MoPar deserves ALL the credit he figures out the installation, mechanical and electrial and made the brackets, and even installed my lights. What A guy. Very nice addition to the ModMO.

G

·
Registered
281 Posts
I adjusted my lights up a bit with the dial on 1 so I can still go up or down some. No oncomming flash complaints.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts