Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the last fillup on fumes again my DTE read out did not reset and remains showing the *

Any ideas on reseting the computer ?

If I disconect the battery will I lose the programmin for my ignition keys loose their programing.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
You probably know this, but you have to drive several miles before it will reset.

Homer

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 51 km on it since the reset every other time the DTE would come up imediately .

·
Registered
100 Posts
How many times have you restarted the vehicle since you filled up? I had that problem once where it didn't reset and I drove it around a while. Then one time when I got in and started the car in the morning it read normal. Go figure.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I will stick with it for a while. I really hesitate to let any of the dealers I have worked with so far touch anything to do with the computers.

So far my dealer service track record has been

orig dealer

trailer harness installed

wiring harnesss failed on a road trip due to the wrong size inline splices (too big for the wire guage) they also ran a new wire all the way back when a properly fused trailer harness wire exists five inches from the module they installed.

One dealer down

Second dealer

total inability to fix a single rattle after three visits on last visit the MO was returned with a broken piece of trim that I was not informed off but discovered and a subtle crease high in the door panel that looks like it was caused by opening it on a toolbox. I am very carefull about who and what I park beside.

Mechanic fessed up on the broken trim around the interior door handle when taken to task ( he said he didn't think I would notice) but they deny the new door dent. Went back to get trim piece fixed but last time I use them.

Interesting that I got a call from the dealer asking if I would have any issues on a satisfaction survey that was to be sent out by Nissan when I said the last visit was to repair damage they had caused on the previous visit the conversation was over. Strangly enough I never did get the survey..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts