Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I made my initial post to introduce the car / myself over here. I promised details on the wheels and tires.... so here comes the plethora of info :)

The wheels: They are Heaven 7 made by TSW. They are 20x8.5 inches with a +35mm offet.

The tires: BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW. They are 265/50 - 20 and are V-rated with a 300 AA A rating.

We weighed, tho not precisely, the weight of the wheel+tire. It came out to approximately 66lbs.

As I said in the other post, my Dad ordered the wheels/tires before he ordered the Murano. We did the same with our 350Z. The only driving experience w/OEM wheels/tires was on our multiple Murano test drives, as we drove ours off the lot with the wheels and tires already on it. One amazing thing to note is the incredibly little amount it took to balance these wheels and tires. The most any one wheel/tire took to be balanced was either 2 or 4 ounces (four little stick-on squares). The others took even less. This is amazing and usually un-heard-of when dealing with tires/wheels of this size. The ride is still very nice with these on. No extra road noise... it rides great. On to the photographs :)

Here's the wheels in their boxes:

Here's the tires stacked:

Theres one of the wheels in the box (the blue around the edge of the rims is for protection):

All of 'em lined up awaiting polymer-treatment.

We apply several coats of a polymer treatment to the entire wheel to make brake dust come off easier:

Close up of the wheel:

Shot lookin' down:

·
Registered
777 Posts
JAG could you weigh a stock tire & wheel combo for a comparison?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KSmurano said:
JAG could you weigh a stock tire & wheel combo for a comparison?
Too late - We did the swap at the dealer. If any fellow members wanna bring their Mo by our house, we will gladly weigh them :p ;)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well, this is a public forum and you are posting pics for scrutiny by other members which means you are expecting honest opinions, right?

Personally, I think those rims look ghetto on the MO and detract from the otherwise unique styling of the vehicle. Add to that more weight, decreased performance and I'm assuming loss of the TPMS and I just don't see the point.

No doubt some will flame me for this, but I'm not the one who posted the pics. I call 'em like I see 'em.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Halo said:
Well, this is a public forum and you are posting pics for scrutiny by other members which means you are expecting honest opinions, right?

Personally, I think those rims look ghetto on the MO and detract from the otherwise unique styling of the vehicle. Add to that more weight, decreased performance and I'm assuming loss of the TPMS and I just don't see the point.

No doubt some will flame me for this, but I'm not the one who posted the pics. I call 'em like I see 'em.
Everybody to their own...I think the wheels and tires look grand. I am personally not a Chrome fan but have to admit these wheels look nice...:4:

·
Registered
177 Posts
WOW!,
Yes, I agree, to each his own. I think they look awesome! Did you get a good deal? If so, where? Also, after a few spins around, PLEASE let us know how the treads ride.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Although I stayed with stock sizes, my congratulations on your good taste in wheels.
:p
Mine are made by Ion Alloy.

Homer

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
WOWx2, Go HOMER!!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Halo said:

I posted these pics and info because a) I love it (the Mo and the wheels on it) and want to hear what others have to say and b) Others want info and info they shall have with my post. If no one ever tried anything, you'd never know what is good or bad. And I'm glad to see that I've only had one-such negative comment thus far :)... so they seem to be a hit.

On to your other comments...
-More weight. Okay well... on the FX35, it is an option to get the identicle wheel/tire size combo we have. I would imagine the weight would be incredibly close. The FX is supposedly even "more" performance oriented than the Murano.
-Decreased performance. Well... if you mean by straight-line acceleration, yes, it may be decreased by about a tenth in the eigth mile... negligible considering we bought this vehicle for its' utilitarian performance. Even though it doesn't matter to us, the performance should be enhanced for its' cornering abilities with higher performance tires and sidewalls that are not as tall as stock.
TPMS loss- We did not get that option so we did not lose it. Also, our 350Z has TPMS and we have 19" chrome ;) wheels... doesn't mean you lose TPMS. You just tell the shop before they install everything so they switch out the valve stems or something like that.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
grfg8r said:
WOW!,
Yes, I agree, to each his own. I think they look awesome! Did you get a good deal? If so, where? Also, after a few spins around, PLEASE let us know how the treads ride.
We got the wheels and tires from a local tire shop here called Tires, Inc. We got a pretty good deal (price wise- not as good as you can do online, but these people throw in rotate-balance for life.)

Also, I've been driving it the past few days... I love it! The tires are great. It was raining yesterday when I took it out... it's definitely solid on the road.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I agree, if no one tried we'd all be clones. Where would we be w/out Jaak trying & succeeding w/ XM Sat? It's a good thing Columbus didn't adhere to the "Flat Earth Policy!" :headshake

"Most are fine as oysters, While some want to become pearls"
J.Buffett

·
Registered
443 Posts
Like you said, you wanted to hear what other people have to say. Your car, and if "attitude metal" is what you want on it, hey whatever. You could put 26" wheels on there with a rubber band for a tire. I will simply respond to the rationalizations that they don't hurt the performance of the car in every possible way as follows:

If I had a dollar for every time I see someone come to the track with some huge chrome wheels put to shame by someone who is completely stock... well I'd have a couple of dollars :D There is more to cornering than the shape of the contact patch and sidewall height.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts