Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize guys. I should have searched the forum before posting this. This is old news.

-njjoe

I was window-shopping the TireRack website when I came across the Dunlop Grandtrek WT M3 tire in size 235/65HR18. The descriptive summary of the tire actually references the Murano by name. The summary is as follows:

"Nissan Murano luxury sport utility vehicles come from the factory equipped with low profile tires mounted on large diameter alloy wheels. The Dunlop Grandtrek WT M3 Light Truck/SUV Performance Winter tire was developed so the drivers of these vehicles could retain their vehicle's original wheel diameters while receiving cold weather dry road performance along with snow traction.

The Grandtrek WT M3 features a directional tread design to help maintain good traction on wet and slush-covered roads while its high-density, lateral zigzag sipes and independent tread blocks provide the edges to help bite through snow. The Grandtrek WT M3 is a tire for the performance sport utility vehicle drivers who want to combine snow traction with dry road responsiveness and handling.

Dunlop Grandtrek WT M3 winter radials meet the industry's severe snow service requirements and are branded with the snowflake-on-the-mountain symbol. They feature blackwall styling and are currently available in the 235/65R18 110H (H-speed rated) size used as Original Equipment on front-wheel and all-wheel drive Nissan Murano vehicles."

Is this a new tire designed specifically with the Mo in mind? Will there be others?

-njjoe

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have this tires on MO in Poland. They are very similar to Dunlop Winter Sport M3. They were specially constructed for Rang Rover and Land Rover Discovery 3 not for MO. This is high performance tire. Dunlop winter sport M3 won a lot of awards in European car magazines and i think it is the best high performance winter tire in Europe. Only diffrence between winter sport and grandtrek is stronger construction because SUV are bigger and weigh more. I have seen both tires and tread is the same (maybe a little dipper). Tire is very quiet and have very good traction on the snow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts