Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just written my first post as a reply on winter tires for the Murano. I have been the proud owner of a Pewter SL AWD since may. I have read posts on this and an other forum since I own my Murano. I must say that I share all the joy and enthusiasm of every owner. As I have written in the other post, there are winter tires called SJ5 made especially for the Murano by Dunlop and available as P-235-65-18. Here in Quebec city the average price installed and balanced is 153$ CDN just above 100$ US. Very few people or dealers are aware of this and the Dunlop sites do not list it. Dunlop SJ5 are an upgrade from the SJ4 which were tested and compared against a couple other tires on an ML320.It can be seen at http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/suv_winter_rd.jsp

·
Registered
21 Posts
According to Bob at Tiretrends.com in Canada, this tire is on factory back order with no scheduled production date.

According to my local tire dealer, Direct Tire, in Watertown, MA, the SJ5 is being test marketed in Japan and parts of Canada. It is not yet DOT-certified, something they expect in time for next year.

On the Pirelli website, I see a Scorpion Ice and Snow sized 255/60HR18. This is only a 0.1% difference from stock. But I cannot find it at tirerack.com.

·
Registered
21 Posts
On calling Pirelli -- 1-800-747-3554 -- I was told that this sized tire is not yet in production and won't be available until next year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts