Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first black vehicle and I particularly like the Murano in Super Black. But, I live on a dusty gravel road and the black color seems to attract all that dust. Is there an easy method of removing dust without scratching the finish short of a full wash and dry?

TIA,
Larry

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I had a black Maxima and thats just it with black cars. They look nice right after you wash it but 10 minutes later it becomes the superblack dust magnet. No, nothing you can really do to keep the dust off, except protect the paint by keeping it waxed. That way dust or no dust, the paint is safe.

·
Windy City MO :)
137 Posts
Murano_MDX said:
get a california duster. It won't scratch ur car
Ditto. I've got one for my Black Grand Prix. I love when it's clean, but that usually last about 1/2 hour. :(

Like Eric said, just wax it often.

This is one of the main reasons we chose a Silver for our MO. We've had some crappy weather, in Chicago, and it amazes me how long the Mo can go without a car washing and still look good.

·
Registered
719 Posts
If I lived on a gravel road, I don't think I'd consider the black or the blue. They look so stunning when really cleaned up but unless you can dust them off every time, they're always going to look like.............

The california dusters do work great, but you have to maintain a good coat of wax and be very careful about using them when there is ANY mositure present on the vehicle. You also have to be careful about the amount of pressure you use when dusting.

My silver SE can go for a couple of weeks without washing if I dust it daily and use the detailer spray for any bugs or tar that I pick up on the road.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeah, full wash is the best route. I take mine to a do-it-yourself wash with power washers. $2.25 for 4 minutes, that's usually long enough to hit the MO with soap and a rinse, then I dry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts