Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MURANO S AWD 06 SILVER / CON. PAC. [color screen only]

I DID THE INSTALL MY SELF. ONLY TOOK 20 MIN . PULLED OFF BEZEL AROUND SCREEN ,REMOVED SCREEN ,AND PLUGGED THE
CABLE IN TO SCREEN , PLUGGED IN VIDEO CONVERSION BOX, ADDED A DVD PLAYER UNDER THE GLOVE BOX , ADDED A WIRELESS FM MODULATOR , ALL I DO IS FLICK A SWITCH , MY SCREEN CHANGES FROM REGULAR SCREEN TO THE DVD , TUNE MY RADIO ON 88.7 FOR DVD SOUND, AND I'M IN HEAVEN. IF YOU WANT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS CONVERSION, E-MAIL ME AT [email protected] . ( ZERO IN WORD BL0CK)

·
5,244 Posts
Welcome the the club!

Congratulations on the mod. Why don't you post some pics and instructions? So everyone can see. It sounds good so many people would be interested.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the quality of the monitor is great IF I HAD TO RATE IT 1-10
I WOULD GIVE IT 9.5 WITH AN ORIG.DVD NOT A BOOTLEG COPY.
I HAVE VCD BURNER I CAN BURN RIGHT OFF SAT TV IN MY HOME
WITH A $ 10 CENT MUSIC CD I CAN RECORD VIDEO AND SOUND
SLIP IT IN MY MURANO AND BAM I'M WATCHING MUSIC VIDS

06 MURANO S AWD SIL.{ COLOR SCREEN / DVD = PRICELESS}

:2:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just sent you an email...hoping you can hook me up with your setup! That would be awesome to play music videos and other movies...

·
Registered
92 Posts
That would be good for comedy shows on roadtrips too since you don't have to really watch the show. Did you happen to take any pictures of your install? I have a portable dvd player that I could easily hide that would be very useful.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i'd sent you an e-mail as well. please do show how you've concur the 06 mo screen. i've been wanting to play x-box in my mo ever since i bought it. i know there's been posts about converting old color screens for a mod'ed x-box, but i've never succeeded on geting my hands on any of the docs. in fact i bought a mod'ed x-box just for this, waiting for the day that i can install it into my mo.
:p
I'd just noticed that you've attached a picture of your converter. can you tell me where did you buy this? or how to build one? also how did you pull off the bezel? thanks!

·
Registered
255 Posts
OK, so what are the grey and red wires for? Does this simply plug into the monitor harness that exists? Is the 06 screen the same as 03-05? What did this cost you? Where did you get it? What's it called? Sorry for all the questions!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Interesting stuff.

Seems like it would work and one member says it will. I sure wish he would post pictures of it working in the MO. I had the generator labs units so Icon it can be done. It was set up for a xbox which would play DVD's and had a large hard drive to store them on. You could also load Linux for xbox and use it as a computer.

This seems like much the same interface box but with RCA input jacks for the system. There is a scan rate problem that has to be addressed if you want to use the Mo screen That is why Generator used the xbox as the inout unit. it has the same scan rate at the Mo screen. As he described it not all, in fact few, standard DVD systems had they type of scan output. This caused a crawling bar that moved from top to bottom. So Investigate fully. It most likely will work, but I sure would like to see and know more about the actual MO system.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think we're wasting time posting to 696dude. he's never reply to any of the messages. i have a feeling that he's just in here to solicit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
a pic you might like

It's not a dvd i recorded this on a vdr player .the format is vcd ,74
min on a regular audio cd

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just put my order in.

280 conversion box
110 dvd player (with tv tuner)
15 fm modulator

I am hoping to squeeze this in for the weekend (Fri/Sun=Holiday, Sat=Autoshow at the Javits). Will give you an update as soon as I can in regards to the quality of picture, etc...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did the entire install on Saturday. Everything was plug and play from the screen to the converter to DVD to the FM modulator.

The picture quality is up there, no lines, or shutter. Plays very clear. Right now I am watching music videos that I grabbed using rmrecorder.com. There is a switch to go from DVD player back to normal - pretty cool when setting the heat/ac, or going with a regular cd, etc.

I would highly recommend! I do not have pictures right now as the weather was cold/rainy over the entire weekend, but its pretty straight forward just imagine any tv that size, and how it would play during normal operation.

The DVD player I have has a TV tuner but it doesnt pick up any channels clearly as I do not have it hooked up to an antenna. The power is coming directly from the car adapter...although I may do it over to hook it up directly to a power wire/ground as the DVD always resets. It doesnt hold the spot. And I had to switch FM modulators as the one that plugs into the car adapter directly was picking up engine noises...went with a battery operated version - much better.

·
Registered
184 Posts
hey pace,
i have a couple of questions for you, as i'm very interested in getting the converter as well.
you mentioned that you did the entire install yourself. was there sufficient step by step directions? or did you have to figure a lot of stuff yourself?
do you know if this will work on 2006 monitors, without screwing up the backup monitor?
and lastly, about how much out of pocket did all this cost? i wanted to consider budget wise too before venturing the converter.
thanks!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts