Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Nissan Enthusiast
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you want to play DVD's, XBOX or PS2 on your nav screen then look at this thread:

DVD on NAV SCREEN LINK

I will try to keep this thread updated as I make more progress.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
In case anyone else was wondering what options we already have for adding aux video in to our nav screens, I found this item. It switches between live TV and 3 RCA inputs (l/r/v) and provides 2 RCA outputs and 1 headphone jack out. I can't tell if our built-in screen counts as one of the 2 sets of RCA video outs. It also includes a hardwired FM modulator, but I would rather run the RCA outputs into the PAC Audio device we are all awaiting.

Most importantly, this is out there, already running today. Jaak, I guess I won't be digging through junkyards for a Nav screen after all.. not if I can just order this today!

·
Nissan Enthusiast
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen that device in the past. That TV tuner thing is cute, but lets face it do you think you can get good tv reception in a vehicle moving 60-80 miles per hour? I can barely keep a cell connection going. Also the price is prohibitive (over $500) and you still have to buy additional hardware to just play a dvd.

(I have edited this post to eliminate some ridiculous technical thoughts I had at one point)

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
generator said:
I have an x-box ready to sacrifice if I could get some help on the RGB issue.
Me too! :2: Lets start a thread on this...see where it goes.

·
4,601 Posts
I'd love to help out, as I have the Xbox, but I don't have the nav... sniff, sniff... I wanted the nav, but Nissan in their eternal wisdom made it so I had to buy 10K worth of things I didn't want or need, to get it. (They blew that one... )

·
Registered
250 Posts
I love the idea! I would buy the hardware, but don't have NAV. Wish I could just change the screen.... Any way to do that?

I would really like to find someone that had successfully retrofit the factory NAV system/screen. I might fork out the thousands of dollars to get the parts to change it, but I want to make sure it will all work.

I have a DVD screen on the dash, but would really prefer the factory screen...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts