Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the Bose system will play DVDs? I would like to purchase the DVD Monitor that installs on the back of the center console for people in the back seat; however, Nissan dealers told me that you cannot order the monitor and they don't think the Bose will play DVDs. They say that the Bose system in Non-GPS Muranos is different than the one used for the GPS Navi. system. These are the same dealers that said there is no way Sat Radio can be fitted in 03 Murano's so you really don't know what to believe. If there is a thread that mentions DVDs, let me know.
Thanks
Robert

·
Registered
487 Posts
The Bose unit (on any Murano) will not play DVDs.

The DVD navigation system has its own dedicated DVD drive in the center console (accessible on the passenger side, behind a plastic shroud). As far as I know, this unit will not export video, only data.

Your best bet is to buy a dedicated rear-seat DVD entertainment unit.

I think Nissan's own DVD entertainment unit (is it even out yet?) is not for after-factory install, so that's out :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
DVD Monitor

Doombringer said:
I think Nissan's own DVD entertainment unit (is it even out yet?) is not for after-factory install, so that's out :(
I am not sure that this is true. I have noticed several sites, this one as an example:

www.1stNissanParts.com

that not only seem to sell them as an aftermarket accessory, but also seem to have them in stock.

I believe that the unit plugs in in the center arm rest, as you suggested, and replaces the armrest cushion, although I may be mistaken in all of this.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeah, reports are conflicting about that. I wish someone around here actually had one. All I see is sites offering them "soon" or not at all, and some people saying "my dealer says it's a factory-installed option and only on 2004's"...

·
Registered
275 Posts
I WONDER HOW THE AUDIO IS INTEGRATED?????

Mobile Entertainment System- Charcoal $1,502.40

- Hi-fidelity stereo integrates with the vehicle's audio system.
- Console integrated with flop-up 6.5 inch TFT LCD video screen display.
- System comes equiped with high quality DVD player.
- Wireless headphones (one headset included, extras available).
- Remote control included.
- Auxiliary switch control (for video games, etc.).

Fits Model: Murano
Fits Model Year(s): 2003/2004

·
Registered
32 Posts
Audio Integration

Looks like there is a 3-wire connection on the stereo for the DVD system, according to the service manual

-marius

·
Registered
255 Posts
Re: Audio Integration

marius said:
Looks like there is a 3-wire connection on the stereo for the DVD system, according to the service manual

-marius
Can you elaborate on this a little more. Is this just on the 04, or is it on the 03's too?

Could be used for an MP3 player tie in if the connections work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: Re: Audio Integration

lnichols said:

Can you elaborate on this a little more. Is this just on the 04, or is it on the 03's too?

Could be used for an MP3 player tie in if the connections work.
All I have is the service manual for the '04, so I can't speak to the '03. That is definitely a possibility though (MP3 player connections)... hmm... :)

-marius

·
4,664 Posts
I have the '03 manual, so it looks like they've made some additions to it.... Oh well, here goes another $19.99

·
Registered
255 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Audio Integration

marius said:

All I have is the service manual for the '04, so I can't speak to the '03. That is definitely a possibility though (MP3 player connections)... hmm... :)

-marius
So could you shed some light as to where these connections are at on the 04 models? I would like to find a way to wire in alternate audio sources in the future and this sounds promissing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new to this forum but have some information on the DVD system. I don't know about the '03, but in my '04 there is a set of RCA inputs (video, audio left/right) in the center console next to the dvd player. It works great with my MP3 player and plays through the primary audio system or through the provided wireless headphones.

You do lose some room in the console with the system, especially depth. I estimate you only see 3/4 of the original depth, and half of that is used by the dvd player (mounted vertically to the driver's side) and auxillary input mounted to the back; the rest is open. The LCD display is stored in the upper area, under the armrest, and takes up almost all of that area.

Hope that helps...
Joe

·
Registered
255 Posts
I wonder where the audio conctions for the RCA inputs mentioned go into the Bose at.

·
Registered
106 Posts
They say that the Bose system in Non-GPS Muranos is different than the one used for the GPS Navi. system.

FYI, the dealer is mistaken on this point:

1) Bose does not manufacture nor sell the headunit in the Murano. Only the amp, door speakers, and bass box enclosure are Bose components.

2) There is no difference in the Bose components between systems with or without DVD or Navi.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts