Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or, my other new favorite... Disc Error.

The first mega-chill of the season had to have brought this on. I first thought it was the DVD fogging up from use after a frigid night... but no. Now it seems to come and go despite the interior being "warmed up." It was "DVD ROM version is not correct" for a while, and now it's outright "Disc Error."

I'm over 36000 but I picked up an extended warranty direct from Nissan. I hope to god the drive and/or DVD is covered. Something tells me it isn't and they'll bang me for $200 for a new DVD and/or the drive itself. :(

Any experiences with this, guys?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Judging by a past thread, these errors seem indicative of a failing unit.

The DVD itself, upon inspection, is in immaculate condition, so it couldn't be that. I hope my Security+ Gold package covers the DVD unit...

... funny how this happens just after 36k. I'm glad I purchased that extended warranty. If this unit is replaced under it, it has just paid for itself (last I heard, the nav unit was $2,000!!!).

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to check my warranty booklet when I get home. It goes in on Monday.

There's no way I can afford to buy a replacement nav unit if it isn't under the warranty. I blew $2k on the extended warranty alone.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update:

COVERED!

:2:

My service department had a little back-and-forth with Nissan and Clarion (nav system guys), but things were cleared up in the end. It was a communication problem, apparently.

Anyway, part is on order and should be here today or tomorrow. All I have to pay is my $50 deductable.

:2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts