Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew why you cannot get the Dynamic control package and Chrome wheel package together? I bought a 2005 Murano yesterday which has the Dynamic control package but Nissan wont let you have the chrome wheel package with that. My concern is that maybe the chrome rims are not as strong as the aluminum ones or something like that. Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Wow! I must have bypassed that by putting on the 05 the chromes from the 04 SL that I had before. GRIP :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I called Nissan directly and they stated they would get back to me within a couple days so we'lll see. I went ahead and had my dealer go ahead and order me a set of the chrome wheels so hopefully I will find out before they come in. If anyone has any idea why you can't get these two options together please leave a post.

Thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you go on line to Nissans web site and build a new Murano it lets you pick the options you want and that is where it has the chrome rim option so I believe it is a factory option. The factory option is $1200 and my dealer is giving them to me for $975 installed and I get to keep my extra rims so I think I'm going to be ahead this way. But back to the main question why won't the web site let you have both options. That is what I'm trying to find out. Thanks for the reply though.

·
4,994 Posts
Bought mine from dealer as origional equipment option on the 04.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
" My concern is that maybe the chrome rims are not as strong as the aluminum ones "

Well, if you have seen the chrome wheels..........
Seems to me the Chrome Wheels ARE "the aluminum ones".

I think it is just a screwup.
I really believe that the Nissan Chrome wheels are the regular wheels..........chromed.

$975 and you keep reg wheels is a great deal IMO.

Homer

·
4,994 Posts
I checked mine and they are the same "Made in Belgium" chromed or un-chromed.
:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
hfelknor said:
" My concern is that maybe the chrome rims are not as strong as the aluminum ones "

Well, if you have seen the chrome wheels..........
Seems to me the Chrome Wheels ARE "the aluminum ones".

I think it is just a screwup.
I really believe that the Nissan Chrome wheels are the regular wheels..........chromed.

$975 and you keep reg wheels is a great deal IMO.

Homer
the process of chroming weakens a wheel

Dave

·
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know I was thinking that maybe the chrome rims aren't set up for the tire pressure monitoring system and maybe that's why you can't get the two packages together. Just a thought. Does anyone know how exactly that tire pressure monitor works? Thanks for your imput.

·
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
While I don't know how the TPMS works, I did get an '05 with the chrome wheels stock from the factory AND I have the TPMS.

So it ain't "chrome don't work with TPMS."

·
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Die erste link Sie hat mich gegeben sagte: "Seite nicht gefunden. Die von Ihnen eingegebene Adresse wurde nicht gefunden oder ist nicht mehr verfügbar."

Das war, aber, ein guter Versuch.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Siemens site you put in your quote is:

1) In German (not a problem); and
2) Page not found (problem).

But thanks anyway (what I said).

·
4,994 Posts
Sorry about that I went back and corrected them, the first one is now the English version and the second will be found.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well Nissan called me back and they pretty much told me nothing. They just would say they don't recommend putting them on there if the you can't order the packages together. They wouldn't give me a specific reason though so I think they just didn't want to bother with my question. So with that said I'm going to have the chrome ones put on next week. If anyone else comes up with anything please let me know.:cool:

·
4,994 Posts
Do I need to post pics of my factory Chrome wheels with TPMS on them?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts