Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has analyzed or installed Eibach Pro-Kit Springs for the MO ? Did a search and they are mentioned but not discussed in any detail.

I have an SL/AWD and would like to tweak the suspension, but the only MO specific parts I can find are these Eibach springs. I am a technical novice when it comes to suspension mods. Am wondering how these springs would affect the MO, and how they would compare to the SE "sport suspension" option. Also concerned about warranty issues.

Thx

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
well you know they'll lower your muranos ride and make it a bit sportier which = increases coolness factor + increased fun to drive factor.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
The Eibachs lower the front and rear equally at 1.2".

On a car that rides as high as the Murano, with such a large wheel cutout, I don't think anybody is going to say
"Wow! Look at how LOOOOOOWWWWW that is!"

I think most people won't notice and the cognescenti will look and say
"There is something about that Murano. Maybe it's the wheels, But it looks gooood."

But I'll bet that it will corner noticeably better.
And ride a little tougher. Maybe a little harder than the SE, but that's pure guesswork.

Overall, if I was young and single I might do it. :1:

Homer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Young and Single

Well, hfelknor, I'm single allright, but no longer a young whippersnapper. I am tempted, however. Just want to firm up the MO a bit. Kind of mechanical plastic surgery...........

Thx for the replies folks. If anyone actually does put them on an SL, please provide your comments/results.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I'd wait for aftermarket shocks/struts to complement the stiff springs. If you just do the springs, the ride will be poorly controlled and uncomfortable. A good set of struts/shocks like the KYB AGX would make a great combo with aftermarket Eibach or H&R's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shocks/struts

Hi Eric L.,

Well that shows my general Naivete concerning things technical, and why I asked the ?. I was thinking that you could do the springs and leave it at that. I've asked Csheen if the SE undercarriage parts in the "sport suspension" can be added to an SL to do what I want. He is checking for me. (good guy) Since the KYB AGX parts are still in the future, and apparently there are no others out there, do you think that is a doable solution (cost being the showstopper) to firming up the suspension. Maybe, as suggested, in combination w/ the Eibach springs ? I tried to buy an SE, but there were none in this region equipped the way I wanted. I have found that the D/Ds/L is a more than adequate substitue for the manual shift option in the SE.

Thx again.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Stock shocks generally do not possess enough dampening for aftermarket lowering springs, not even the SE variants. I would not put SE shocks into the SL with Eibachs. If you are going to modify your Murano, might as well do it right when the right parts are available and not rush into things.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
7 p's

Proper prior planning....................etc.

You're right. Have to try and find an ETA for the KYB AGX. Thx for the advice.

BTW, this site is one of the few that seems to attract really great people. You can actually learn by being here and being patient.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts