Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about lowering my MO. Will this void the warranty? Will the performance increase or decrease? I wanna do it because I don't like all the wheel well space, but if I actually got better performance that would be an added bonus:D

·
5,244 Posts
Hm, interesting question..........if I recall correctly we discussed it before....anyway, I do believe you would get better performance (over SL at least). However, I do believe that the look of MO would suffer. I juast cannot imagine MO being "flat".

just my 2C

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I think the Eibachs will drop it only about 1" to maybe 1 1/2".
Iy won't have that "slammed" look.

I think the effect will be to have people look at it and "wonder" if it is lowered. I think it will look good.

It will have to help performance IMO.
At least on smooth surfaces.
All SUVs suffer from high COG.

The tradeoff could/would be suspension travel. But Eibach are the pros and their progressive springs will help overcome this I would bet.

If I was 20 years younger.......I would do it. ;)

Homer

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I think getting the gap out of the wheel wells would look wonderful. Lower to the ground well I don't know. I have also been worried about rougher ride it as harsh as I want. Plus suspension geometry when it bounds and rebounds, no longer being at the center of travel motion. It would reduce air drag, and roll in corners and improve roll over resistance. Keep us posted. I don't think it is a very difficult alteration either. GRIP :D

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I would NOT get aftermarket lowering springs without also getting firmer struts and shocks. As there are none currently available for the Murano, if you do get just the springs, you'll be in for a rough ride and poor rebound control.

KYB AGX might be available in a year or two, I would wait for those.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Ditto, you need different dampers (shocks) to go with the different springs. Although Eibach does claim these springs are meant to work with stock dampers, they indicate that they probably won't utilize the full potential of the springs.

The lowering is 1.4" IIRC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the advise. I'll put this mod at the bottom of my list for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts