Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone gone through the end lease return process with Nissan? I know the process of a few other brands but this is my first Nissan lease product.

The pre-return inspection is handled with an independent company which performs their own scheduling but how far ahead does one need to have that same pre-return inspection done by (ex: 1, 2 ,3 months before lease maturity) ??

Thanks!

NVM: Found the answer well hidden inside the Nissan account affairs.... for reference inspection needs to be done up until 1 month before lease return date.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BUT not a worry if your miles are low and you want to buy for the pre-determined amount of about 23k for a 40k purchase, right?
If you are planning to buy at lease end then this inspection is not relevant since Nissan does not care.

Me personally I am not keeping the car, I'm ready for something different.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
If you are planning to buy at lease end then this inspection is not relevant since Nissan does not care.

Me personally I am not keeping the car, I'm ready for something different.
Let us know how badly they gouge you for wear and tear. That's my fear with a lease.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let us know how badly they gouge you for wear and tear. That's my fear with a lease.
If you're performing the recommended maintenance and are careful with the car you shouldn't have any surprises.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you're planning to lease another nissan before your lease is due, there is no need to take the car for inspection. This is my second nissan lease, and when I turned in my rogue for a murano (still had 6 payments left on the rogue) they paid no mind to the damages on the rogue and got rid of the remaining payments. Nissan is pretty easy to deal with on leases. My previous vehicles were VWs and they were a bit more strict, but as long as you are planning to stick to the brand you can bring the car in before the lease end and they won't even look at the car, granted is not crashed lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you're planning to lease another nissan before your lease is due, there is no need to take the car for inspection. This is my second nissan lease, and when I turned in my rogue for a murano (still had 6 payments left on the rogue) they paid no mind to the damages on the rogue and got rid of the remaining payments. Nissan is pretty easy to deal with on leases. My previous vehicles were VWs and they were a bit more strict, but as long as you are planning to stick to the brand you can bring the car in before the lease end and they won't even look at the car, granted is not crashed lol
Good to know. I'm probably more than likely going to lease another Murano unless something comes out that really offers good value for cost.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Been leasing MO for 8 years now and if you release they will go easy on you. Their cars hold good residual value and that's why they don't have to be too nit picky.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm on my 3rd Nissan lease (2012 Altima Coupe, 2015 Altima 3.5s, 2017 Murano Platinum) and I didn't get hit with anything on my first car but on my second car they charged $250 for a "large dent" (which was waived because I released). The kicker was that there wasn't a dent! I think the inspectors have to find something every now and then. It didn't matter but it still made me a little mad because it was a flat out lie. That said, I did have a few other things wrong, curb rash on the bumper and some scratches on the wheels. Maybe it was just easier for him to write up a dent and be on his way.

I digress, I haven't had any big issues with returns to them. I know they are a lot more lenient if you're re-leasing. If you take good care of your car, do your maintenance & throw a cheap set of tires on it you'll be good to go. I wouldn't worry too much.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm on my 3rd Nissan lease (2012 Altima Coupe, 2015 Altima 3.5s, 2017 Murano Platinum) and I didn't get hit with anything on my first car but on my second car they charged $250 for a "large dent" (which was waived because I released). The kicker was that there wasn't a dent! I think the inspectors have to find something every now and then. It didn't matter but it still made me a little mad because it was a flat out lie. That said, I did have a few other things wrong, curb rash on the bumper and some scratches on the wheels. Maybe it was just easier for him to write up a dent and be on his way.

I digress, I haven't had any big issues with returns to them. I know they are a lot more lenient if you're re-leasing. If you take good care of your car, do your maintenance & throw a cheap set of tires on it you'll be good to go. I wouldn't worry too much.
I honestly never spent money on tires for a leased vehicle (unless they were beyond repair). I guess like most of you said, if your getting a new lease they won't mind.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I honestly never spent money on tires for a leased vehicle (unless they were beyond repair). I guess like most of you said, if your getting a new lease they won't mind.
Jumping ship to this, so just want a smooth experience leaving Nissan behind.

·
Registered
26 Posts

I spent over an hour in it, at NY Auto show, I love this car. Most likely to go with it next year when my lease is over.
It is just so much easier to go Nissan to Nissan. I'm on my 6th Nissan lease and I always had Nissan's before I started leasing, but I don't think they will come out with anything new by next year. Good luck with the Volvo, give some insides on it when you get it.

·
Registered
205 Posts

Im jealous...very jealous, xc40 is going to be a great car for you, and if it wasnt for 20%+ off msrp on another Mo, I'd be planning on one as well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
RVelle
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing