Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at 35100 miles and my warranty runs out at 36k. Any tips on what i should/can do. i havent ruled out buying another warranty but i am interested in your opinions. also is there anything i should take it in for under the warranty before it dies or i hit 36k?

thanks!

·
5,244 Posts
It is difficult to advise. I purchased 100k/5 years warranty mainly due to CVT. Is it worth it? I do not know, but I have a piece of mind.......Right now I am at 45K and going OK.

·
5,244 Posts
I think CVT is covered by 60k warranty...

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I've never thought much of Nissan's extended warranty choices. The only component I am unsure about is the CVT. Nissan's extended warranties extend coverage beyond hte standard 5/60K powertrain warranty to a maximum of 7 years and 100,000 miles. Thats paying $1000+ for 2 years and 40,000 miles worth of coverage. Not sure thats such a good deal. Everything, its a Nissan so its pretty reliable, I don't expect to ever have a problem with the minor stuff.

Update: not even sure if it goes to 100K, maybe just 84K. In which case 2 years and 24,000 miles worth of coverage for that cost, even less worth it.

But to each their own. I understand if purchasing it for peace of mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts