Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I am installing a hands-free phone kit from Motorola and I have to tap in the fuse box in order to get a fresh and strong supply of DC. I am looking for a way to open this box (diagram or some instructions) without breaking anything and to hook my wire in there using one of the 2 free fuse holders. One is identified as ENG CONT. and the other completely unmarked under the cover.

All ideas are welcome! :)

Thanx!

J.D.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
If the line is fused to your hands free kit, why don't you just tap the hot coming right off the battery? You should be able to buy an adapter of sorts that converts the hot peg into a hot peg with a tap. If I was going to bother getting all the way to the engine compartment, that's what I'd do.

Which hands-free kit, by the way? I've been eyeing the Motorola "hard install kit" for Nextel for years, complete with the under-the-console loudspeaker, the remote Direct Connect button, the visor microphone, and the external antenna jack.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which hands-free kit, by the way? I've been eyeing the Motorola "hard install kit" for Nextel for years, complete with the under-the-console loudspeaker, the remote Direct Connect button, the visor microphone, and the external antenna jack.

This is exactly the one. I have the new i830 (new here anyway) and I am now waiting for the hang up stand to install. Motorola uses a general hard install kit to which a phone specific stand connects. The installation was a breeze and nothing shows really except the small mike clipped to the vinyl covering the A-pillar. This is why I wanted a clean install and no foreign fuses outside the fuse box under the hood. Oh well, I figured this one would not be an easy project... lol

J.D.
Murano '04 SL silver
Just received a brand new set of SE stock wheels from CourtesyNissan to be destroyed by our rash winters... lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts