Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While idling today I notice the engine has a miss, I was wondering if it might be a coil pack going bad? I changed the plugs at 130,000 NGK plugs, now i have 187,000 never changed any coil packs. I also wounder if a bad coil pack could cause the the pinging that I been having when I first start off driving in the morning ( the motor pings at below 25-30 mph and under tork anything above 30mph it stops. I have no codes.

Thanks for your input all..

·
Registered
284 Posts
While idling today I notice the engine has a miss, I was wondering if it might be a coil pack going bad? I changed the plugs at 130,000 NGK plugs, now i have 187,000 never changed any coil packs. I also wounder if a bad coil pack could cause the the pinging that I been having when I first start off driving in the morning ( the motor pings at below 25-30 mph and under tork anything above 30mph it stops. I have no codes.

Thanks for your input all..
A bad coil can cause a misfire, but unlikely to cause the pinging you described. Hook up your scan tool and use mode $06 to check the misfire counter for each cylinder and that should let you know if any particular cylinder is having an intermittent misfire problem.

For the pinging, have you tried to use higher octane gas?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Does the 2nd Gen have a "Knock" sensor, that's supposed to stop or at least lessen ping?

Have a good day.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Does the 2nd Gen have a "Knock" sensor, that's supposed to stop or at least lessen ping?

Have a good day.
Yep. Two underneath the intake manifold. Usually, a code would be thrown if they fail, but the OP says he has no codes.

Perhaps it's not an actual engine knock, but instead a vibration noise from somewhere else that sounds like it's coming from the engine. A video of the sound might be helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
I need coffee
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing