Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at some amps and such yesterday at a store. On my way out of the lot I had to sit for about a minute waiting for my chance to get out when I smelled an electrical burning smell and the engine began to mis. It was in about 3 second intervals. I searched for idiot lights....none. I took off and went about 2 miles and stopped again and really felt and listened...it was gone, both the smell and the mis.
I returned home and let her sit idling while I raised the hood and smelled and felt the engine. No smell, no mis.

:confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,402 Posts
Do you mean miss? Or mist?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Misfire, you could feel it totally drop out for about half a second.
It has been two days now under hard and soft driving and I have yet to feel it again. I put in some injector cleaner JIC, maybe she didn't like a short hop I did from the hair cutter to the Hifi shop.

:confused:
I didn't like what I smelled though. I checked alllll over for a wire on a heated surface to see if I had a melted insulation induced short--but I didn't find anything.
I was just wondering if anyone else has had this thing happen.

Way back when, it would be sticking points, I have had that on a 71 454, felt exactly the same. I know we haven't had points around for a long long time, so please, don't inform me of that. :rolleyes:

Like I said:
I was just wondering if anyone else has had this thing happen.

:8:
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top