Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys! Back again! Got a 2009 Nissan Murano. Just had the A/C compressor replaced not a month ago. As I was driving home from school, I got home and noticed there was an engine sound. It's hard to explain. It's pretty easy to hear, and is intermentant. I link a youtube video below of the sound. No SES light, no performance issue, nothing except the noise. If anyone could give some feedback on what this may be, that'd be great.

·
Super Moderator
7,630 Posts
What noise? The idle or the horn sound? Be specific.

If it's the idle, check your oil. If it's the other sound, check your hoses, especially the one from the air filter to the engine air intake.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the sound around the 2 second mark. It's very evident it's there. It's with the idle. I'm going to check the oil now, and I will be disconnecting the negative and resetting the system.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

If it's the idle, check your oil. If it's the other sound, check your hoses, especially the one from the air filter to the engine air intake.
Engine oil was right between High and Low, right in the middle. Normal color for oil at 4k miles. I checked it not a week ago. I had taken the car in for the spark plug replacment after 7 months of ownership and the mechanic said I was a little low on oil. I have a small leak up front, that drips about once a day, and another leak up front that leaks a little more. But nothing out of the ordinary

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Sorry for the mutiple replys. I just got done feeling around and checking with a flashlight for any possible cracks in the hoses, etc. Nothing that I could see with a flashlight. I'm kinda at a loss.

·
Super Moderator
7,630 Posts
I listened again. Frankly, it doesn’t sound like it needs attention unless it gets louder. Sometimes you just have to wait until things get easier to find.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I listened again. Frankly, it doesn’t sound like it needs attention unless it gets louder. Sometimes you just have to wait until things get easier to find.
Found out the problem. One of the hoses of the HVAC system has been cracked somehow. I just duct taped it until the new hose comes in.

·
Super Moderator
7,630 Posts
I thought that sounded like a possible vacuum or hose leak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
2 Participants
Pilgrim
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing