Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Could anybody tell me if the worldwide Nissan engine callback is for the Murano too?

regards
roger sutter

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well, the article lists the Murano, but also says:

"The cars have a problem with two sensors that could cause the engine malfunction light to come on or the engine to shut down while the cars are in use. The problem applies only to Nissan cars that were manufactured between February 2001 and June 2002, Nissan spokesman Eric Booth said. No trucks are involved in the recall.

Not sure how many Muranos were made prior to June 2002, but mine certainly wasn't.

·
Registered
792 Posts
According to that article...

The cars have a problem with two sensors that could cause the engine malfunction light to come on or the engine to shut down while the cars are in use. The problem applies only to Nissan cars that were manufactured between February 2001 and June 2002, Nissan spokesman Eric Booth said. No trucks are involved in the recall.

...I'd guess there are VERY few Muranos involved.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I noticed too that the article mentions cars made from Feb 2001 to June 2002. I reread that several times and I believe that applies only to the cars made at the Smyrna plant. Perhaps they starting using different sensors before the factories in Japan? Otherwise, I would not think the Murano would be included on the list at all since I do not believe it was in production in June 2002. I guess we will just have to wait for the recall to arrive in the mail to know for sure.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I see what you mean. That quote was in the 'Local' paragraph, could be specifig to Smyrna.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I wonder which two sensors?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wonder ?!

Hi,

Wonder if my MO's once stalling problem is related to this ? Hmm...

Also I got service engine soon light for no reason. I went to the dealer other day and he said everything was fine and it could have been fuel cap not properly
seated ?!!

All along I have suspected their electronic systems. Good finally these things are coming to light.

http://www.nissanmurano.org/kb_item.php?id=3

pkhona

1 - 12 of 12 Posts