Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I'm driving on a road I travel frequently(smooth/new/flat). My speed is approx 120 km/hr and my MO starts to rumble. At first I thought it was a flat tire. Upon checking the tire pressure gauges and visible check I noted no problem. I continued on and at 110 km/hr the rumble returned(disappeared at 90km/hr). To describe it better, it felt like there was backpressure on the engine, similar to an engine brake on a semi.

This is the second occassion in the last 2 weeks. The truck has 7400 km's on it.

Any ideas???

:confused:

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Need more info/description.

You say felt like backpressure on engine, assume you mean like compression braking when your going downhill or just the sound?

Rumble noises could be caused by tire wear such as cupping, feathering, scalloping. Could also be caused by brakes, left emergency brake on, bad sensor, bad calipers etc. Could also be caused by wheel bearings. Could also be caused by something flapping in the wind, like a box hung up under the chassis or a loose fender well shield. Could also be caused by an exhaust problem, leak muffler etc. And could be something mechanical, engine, transmission, CVs, etc.

Need more info to narrow it down a bit pat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts