Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So this was quite infuriating for me but wanted to share. We purchased a 2013 Murano SL with 47k miles on it three months ago. Was a hell of a find. It stalled out on the interstate on ramp on my way home from work. Had to be towed off the highway and to a mechanic. Cost me $160. Mechanic was very confused as well. No codes or anything. Just wouldn’t start. After about 4 hours of looking into it he tore apart the air handler system. The guy I bought the car from had it serviced with new oil, filters, lubed undercarriage, etc. the shop that did it left a great deal of debris in the air filter box both above and below the new filter. It clogged the small opening for the mass airflow sensor and the computer was freaking out and not letting it start properly. He confirmed this by simply unplugging the sensor and the car started up just fine. He was a gold guy and only charged me $89 for the work since it was simple. He cleaned it all out got me going again. He said he has been doing this a long ass time and had never found anything that blocked that sensor like that before. I’m gonna buy him a steak as a thank you. But if this was to happen to anyone else. Maybe just unplug the air sensor and see if it runs fine before calling a tow.

Also. I called the previous owner to give him a heads up. He called the shop manager who he knows personally and was told he would give the guy a full refund and that they fired the guy (a jr service writer) a month ago because he was getting a suspicious amount of callbacks and increased services and caught him on camera fucking **** up on purpose. Something about how the guy knew immediate what all the problems were. Some people are really fucked up. Karma comes for us all.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ok. So this was quite infuriating for me but wanted to share. We purchased a 2013 Murano SL with 47k miles on it three months ago. Was a hell of a find. It stalled out on the interstate on ramp on my way home from work. Had to be towed off the highway and to a mechanic. Cost me $160. Mechanic was very confused as well. No codes or anything. Just wouldn’t start. After about 4 hours of looking into it he tore apart the air handler system. The guy I bought the car from had it serviced with new oil, filters, lubed undercarriage, etc. the shop that did it left a great deal of debris in the air filter box both above and below the new filter. It clogged the small opening for the mass airflow sensor and the computer was freaking out and not letting it start properly. He confirmed this by simply unplugging the sensor and the car started up just fine. He was a gold guy and only charged me $89 for the work since it was simple. He cleaned it all out got me going again. He said he has been doing this a long ass time and had never found anything that blocked that sensor like that before. I’m gonna buy him a steak as a thank you. But if this was to happen to anyone else. Maybe just unplug the air sensor and see if it runs fine before calling a tow.

Also. I called the previous owner to give him a heads up. He called the shop manager who he knows personally and was told he would give the guy a full refund and that they fired the guy (a jr service writer) a month ago because he was getting a suspicious amount of callbacks and increased services and caught him on camera fucking **** up on purpose. Something about how the guy knew immediate what all the problems were. Some people are really fucked up. Karma comes for us all.
Sorry to hear, that is messed up. Sounded like your alternator went at the beginning of the story.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts