Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a bit early in the Murano timeline to ask but I note that the same engine produces different horsepower depending what car it is installed in (Altima, Maxima, Murano, 350Z, Infinity G35 or FX, etc.). The lowest horsepower rating is 245 in the Murano and Altima. The 350Z gets either 280 or 290. Others are somewhere in between.

Since this is my first Nissan, do others know of the possibility of tuning the engine for greater performance by swapping parts or settings somewhere to match say a 350Z or an FX?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm sure getting more juice from the 3.5 will be easy as the computer controls are figured out. The big question is how much torque can the CVT in the Murano safely handle? That may be the weak point. Now, if you wanted to find a wrecked Z and try to match up a 3.5 and 6-speed manual from that...... :roll:

·
Registered
1 Posts
You actually forgot that the Pathfinder is rated at 240hp, and the new Quest will be 230hp, thus the Murano will not be the lowest hp rated 3.5VQ. I think the CVT may limit more hp and torque, we will have to wait and see, I am not the engineer of the Xtronic, so I guess anything is possible right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts